Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.
Using facebook Pixel to count new user registrations
JomSocial ActiveGURU ActivePublisher ActiveAdAgency ActiveiSEO ActiveSocialize Active
We've hired an agency to do Facebook campaigns and analytics for us. They are using facebook Pixel and we need to be able to register on Pixel when a new user is registered using Jomsocial Facebook Connect. They say we could use a "thank you for registering" page, and register it when the user accesses that page. But with Jomsocial Facebook Connect, when the user completes de registration he is redirected to the homepage.
So my question is, is there a way to redirect the user to another page after a successful Facebook Connect registration?
Or, do you know any other way we could tell Pixel that a new user was registered?
Thank you for contacting us.
With FB registration user is logged in right away and there is no thank you page.
There is no easy way to change this, you'll need to hack the core, detect a kid of registration and redirect after first login.
Maybe there is a first login redirection plugin... but even if it exist, I don't know if it will work with JomSocial.
- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.
- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you