Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Difficulty linking Facebook and Jomsocial (undefined error)

6 years 4 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Yvon
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hello,
I installed Jomsocial on the site of my association to replace Community Builder. It works very well and I am very satisfied with this evolution. Congratulations to all the team for this beautiful software.
Unfortunately, despite my research, a small problem persists. I can not link to Facebook.

• I note for information that the migration tool from CB to JS did not work, but it does not matter to me.
  • I installed an application in Facebook with keys that I indicated in the Joomsocial configurator.
  • I installed a Cron job that works.
  • The site is hosted by PlanetHoster, on a virtual server, in PHP 7.0.25 with joomla 3.8.2
When I want to log in using the Faccebook link, the first part runs correctly and then I receive "undefined error"
Can you help me fix that?
Thanks in advance
I add, that I translated the Jomsocial Frontend into French. If you are interested, I can send you the file.
YD

6 years 4 months ago
Licenses:

HI, Yvon.

Thank you for contacting us.
Your FB app is still in development mode: prntscr.com/hdrp4y :)
Just publish it.

Yes, we'll be happy to share French translation for users :)
You can send it to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
The following user(s) said Thank You: Yvon
6 years 4 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Yvon
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hi Michal,
Thank you for your answer and sorry for this mistake, I'm not a professional and sometimes, subtleties of computer escape me. ;)
I published the app, waited a few hours, emptied the Joomla system cache and tried a new connection via Facebook.
Unfortunately, I still get this damn "Undefined Error".
I probably made a mistake but I do not see where.
Forgive my lack of mastery of Facebook.
Do you have an idea of ​​what's going on?
Thank you in advance,
Yvon

6 years 4 months ago
Licenses:

HI, Yvon.

prntscr.com/he59g3
prntscr.com/he59my
prntscr.com/he59uv
prntscr.com/he59zu
prntscr.com/he5a3z

Registration works fine now - I just registered using FB :) Please, try to clear browser cache and use different FB account.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
Moderators: Piotr Garasiński