Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Separate user and business profiles

6 years 7 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hi there,
I'm using a component to create deals on my site called CMLiveDeal
www.cmext.vn/products/cmlivedeal
and it has a facility to create business profiles. I've set up everything correctly, including a menu item for business registrations, but when I click on it what comes up are the normal user profile fields. Now, I know I haven't created a second profile in JomSocial's multiple profile configuration yet (see: screencast.com/t/j6BKFycYx ) and in fact I didn't realize this wasn't done until I began writing this, but I don't know how this second profile will relate to how the business profile is meant to be configured: See: screencast.com/t/KLL7Y9cuhd
since it has a dedicated plugin to create a business profile.

More importantly I'm now using
JFBConnect and it's SCLogin module for registration and login (see screencast.com/t/p7vl33CR )
CMLiveDeal user plugin to manager partner accounts
and I intend to use a membership component called Membership pro
www.joomdonation.com/joomla-extensions/m...ip-subscription.html
to manage payments for different options a business can choose.

I'd really appreciate your help to set up a seamless login/registration process that allows:
1) a user to login and be addes as a normal user.
2) a business user to register and login as a business user
3) allow a separate place (menu item) for business users to login and register

How do I get JFBconnect, JomSocial, CMLiveDeal, and Membership Pro to play well with each other?

Thanks for your advice.

6 years 7 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi,

Well, you need integrate with payplan or Jomsocial Profile type for this.. with that component you can manange normal user and business profile easier..
for further information please you check this page www.readybytes.net/jomsocial-profile-type.html

I hope it will help.

thank you!

6 years 7 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Thanks for responding Dimas. Is JS profile type also a subscription management service? Because another component I'm using CMLiveDeal already integrates with Membership Pro, I'm leaning towards using that. If you guys don't have a competing product, can you give me your opinion on Membership Pro vs. Akeeba Subscriptions?

6 years 7 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi Peter,

No we dont have it.. our profile type only have ACL feature so far..

I prefer Membership Pro, because I saw some of our customers use it.

thank you!

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński