Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Login/logout display with Jfbconnect

6 years 8 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hi there
I'm trying to get an easy automatic login working with jfbconnect and I'd like to have a single login button that allows a user to sign up or login either using Facebook, or their own email and password. I'm using the SCLogin module and so far that works well.

But I also want the user to see a "My Profile" button and a "log out" button when they are logged in. The "My Profile" button should take them to their JomSocial profile page. The SCLogin button allows me to get to the Jomsocial Profile page, (also with a complete drop down menu) but it presents the full name which take up too much space.

I'd like to be able to select either first name only or a user name to be displayed, as well as have the logout button be displayed last. Right now it displays first, with person's name last. I can't find how to control the display of user name to one of: first last, first, last, username. Right now it's displaying the user's full name.

The SCLogin allows a profile pic to be displayed. See:
screencast.com/t/X4BIh7HJlilI
which would be great except that the choice to link it to the user's profile takes it to the user's Facebook profile and not the JomSocial profile on my site.

Can you help me configure this? Would appreciate it.

6 years 8 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi Peter,

well, this request related with the module configuration from SCLogin, I suggest you contact SCLogin developer for this.. Anyway, I see that profile link goes to FB profile right now, right?

just my personal suggestion, ,aybe you need to try socialize template, the UX is better with it, user can login / logout / see username or full name better there.. look on our demo here socialize.jomsocial.com/

thank you!

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński