Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Integrated facebook connect vs jfbconnect

7 years 5 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired iSEO Active

I'm not sure this is the right place, and sorry for my english :-)

I would like to understand the main differences between The integrated Facebook connector and and jfbConnect integration of Jomsocial?
Is jfbconnect included in jomsocial? if not the jfb is an extension of the integrated one or is an alternative? can I start with integrated and migrate later on jfb?

Exist an issue/bug list about one and other for jomsocial 4.2.5?

I would appreciate also links about specific documentation or forums where these problems have been discussed

I would like to understand if I can arrange with integrated one (I would prefer), or if is better if I start with the jfbc, but I'm a little scared about the jfbc beeing an external plugin.

sorry for all question but I don't know where to ask. Thanks a lot.

7 years 5 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi Giorgio,

Jfbconnect is not our Jomsocial offical package, its coming from another company, but that plugin can be integrated with Jomsoical, which you can login to Jomsoical with jfbconnect. With jfbconnect you can get rich options to login by using social media account, like Facebook, linkedin, twitter, etc.. for another information I suggest you contact jfbconnect developer www.sourcecoast.com/ ;)

Jfbconnect, is different with our FBConnect, if you wanna use our core Jfbconnect you only can login with facebook,but we dont have much options on it :), please read this for our FBConnect doc documentation.jomsocial.com/wiki/Setting_up_Facebook_Connect

So, its depend to you.. what do you want to be achived with Facebook Connect, if you wanna use the simple way you can use our FBConnect, but if you wanna get more rich options you can use JFConnect :)

For bug list / fixed issue on each version can be seen here www.jomsocial.com/features/changelog

thank you!

7 years 5 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired iSEO Active

Thank you very much for so quick and detailed answer...

I'm was wondering, if the integrated tool is only for login, are the "Facebook Settings" options on the right related to integrated tool?
if yes, what is the meaning of options:
- Automatically Re-Import User's Profile Upon Each Login
---are fields mapped? wichone?
- Import Users Status from Facebook
---in the ueser's activity stream?
- Post Statuses to Facebook

Thanks a lot.

7 years 5 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi Giorgio,

Oh yeah we also have that feature..
- only will import the public profile, like name, gender and birthdate
- yes, import the latest status from FB timeline
- yes can post status from jomsocial to facebook

but well, this is important, since FB API already updated their security so you need ask submission on your FB App setting to Facebook team, especially for post status to facebook.

thank you

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński