Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Getting Started with Joomsocial failed hard

7 years 9 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Henning
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

I was realy happy to start Joomsocial today, but the first think what i do failed directly...
I want that my user can registred with facebook. And now I have to ask, where are are all of my modules and plugin. In the video documentation there is a module Community - Joomsocial connect, I dont have this. What i do wrong, i am realy stressed -.-

7 years 9 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Henning
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

I get it now, the problem was that the video dont tell all what i had to do. This documentation was very better, in this case.
I think the facebook poster from Joomsocial is JFBC component, One day before I buy Joomsocial I ask this and get the answer that JFBC is given in Joomsocial. Now i have following problem:
I want that the author can decide, what are posting on facebook, so that there is the link of his post on my site and on Facebook only a other custom message with the link to the post ( on my site). Before I buy Joomsocial I understand in my presale question that this works but now I dont see how... Can you explain me ?

7 years 9 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Henning,

I glad you alraedy solved the FBC problem :)

Do you mean you wanna post link on Jomsocial status and imported to Facebook timeline? Or from Facebook to jomsocial timeline? because for this feature you need ask the submission to Facebook developer, and they will approved your app manually.

The Facebook API role is very complicated now :(, you need follow their procedure for making jomsocial feature works

thank you!

Attachments:
7 years 9 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Henning
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

I think JFBC do all what i want. The question is as I buy Joomsocial pro, I got the FJBC component too, because i dont find them in my backend... And the documentation says I have to find the plugin Joomsocial but i dont have this...

7 years 9 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Henning.

JFBC is a 3rd party plugin and you need to purchase it separately for their owners here: extensions.joomla.org/extension/jfbconnect

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
7 years 9 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Henning
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Before I buy Joomsocial I ask the support that i get the component too and they answer wirh yes...
I feeling very detucted of Joomsocial. When i have to purchase the component I have too take my money back guarantee...

7 years 9 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Henning.

I guess there must be a misunderstanding. JomSocial already has Facebook integration so you may use it. You mentioned JFBC - this is 3rd party extension. But I just checked your pre-sale inquiry... I see that Dimas promised it will be available but it can't be included in package as it doesn't belong to us.

Also you asked about articles sharing on FB. This is also not covered by JomSocial as JS is a community builder component and articles belong to Joomla! core. If you want to share articles you need to have additional plugin for articles.

I apologize for misunderstanding - you've right to ask for refund...

- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

7 years 9 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Henning
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Can you explain me how i can ask for refund?

7 years 9 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Henning.

You already did it in right way.
Please, wait as our staff will contact you.

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński