Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Posts go to Facebook but not JomSocial

7 years 11 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active iSEO Expired Socialize Expired

ISSUE SUMMARY:
After connecting an existing account with a Facebook account, users ARE able to post status updates in JomSocial and have them show up in Facebook. However, status updates no longer show up in JomSocial. If the user disables the post to Facebook option, their status updates DO stop going to Facebook but still do not show up in JomSocial.

STEPS TO REPLICATE:
1 Log in with an existing account
2 Go to Profile -> Edit Details and associate your Facebook account
3 Make sure "Allow site to publish updates to your Facebook account." and save
4 Post a status update.
5 Go back and uncheck "Allow site to publish updates to your Facebook account." and save
6 Post a status update.
RESULT First status update will show up on Facebook but not JomSocial. Second status upate will not show up on Facebook or JomSocial.
EXPECTED RESULT First status update will show up on Facebook and JomSocial. Second status upate will show up on JomSocial but not Facebook.
BROWSER Chrome

7 years 10 months ago
Licenses:

Hi,

I spotted strange settings at your jomsocial.
please goto jomsocial backend > configuration > user points,
as you can see, all activities state disabled. that mean if users put new status update, will not showing at jomsocial.

please enable it first.

Regards

7 years 10 months ago
Licenses:

Which one do I have to re-enable? We don't want to use the points system, which is all I thought that stuff did. Why did it work fine before connecting to Facebook?

7 years 10 months ago
Licenses:

Hi,

for status only:
Post Status From Share Box

if you dont want using points system, you can set all points to 0 instead of disable it.
maybe there is a cache previously, so it was works.

FYI: please upgrade your jomsocial to 4.1.7

Regards

7 years 10 months ago
Licenses:

Thank you, that halfway fixed it! Now the status updates show up in JomSocial, but they no longer go to Facebook.

I did upgrade to 4.2 as well.

7 years 10 months ago
Licenses:

Hi,

at facebook app. please make sure user_posts has been approved under app review. if not there, please add it first.

Regards

7 years 10 months ago
Licenses:

I checked and user_posts is not there, but the posts went to Facebook just fine when I started this ticket, so I'm not sure why it's needed now? The Facebook part WAS working fine, it was only the JomSocial posts that weren't working earlier. :(

7 years 10 months ago
Licenses:

I tried to add user_posts and it asked "How is your app using user_posts?" I chose "Publishes content to people's Timeline" and then it said "Apps won't be approved for this use of user_posts. To be approved, apps must follow our review criteria and the guidelines for using user_posts." What is the correct method for adding user_posts?

7 years 10 months ago
Licenses:

Hi,

hmmm... facebook changing the policy again.
facebook latest API must using that permission. if not, only app owner can "export" the app.

you need to asking the facebook about how to approving user posts permission:
developers.facebook.com/policy
developers.facebook.com/tools-and-support/

Regards

7 years 10 months ago
Licenses:

Sorry, I don't understand. You say that permission is required but Facebook says that permission is not allowed. Did I choose a wrong option?

7 years 10 months ago
Licenses:

Hi,

I mean you need to get facebook to approving user_posts at your app items. please asking facebook about it. basically you need to full fill all requirement information at submition form.

you need to choose:
Publishes content to people's Timeline

Ref:
developers.facebook.com/docs/apps/changelog#v2_3

Regards

7 years 10 months ago
Licenses:

Ok I'm just going to use JFBConnect instead, thanks.

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński