Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

FB Login Undefined Error Continues

7 years 11 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired Socialize Expired

ISSUE SUMMARY:
Recieving an error that read "Undefined Error" upon trying to login to facebook.

STEPS TO REPLICATE:
1 Click on Login with Fackbook button.
RESULT Message box pops up reading "undefines Error"
EXPECTED RESULT Load persons information from facebook and create an account using that information.
BROWSER

I Have changed the code as recommended in several of the files including facebook.button.php , profile.edit.details.php, connect.php, and facebook.php but the issue still exists. i have turned off and back on seo frendly urls to chack if that would change anything as recommended in a post and that also did not work.

Please advise me on how this can be fixed or seeing as how this is a constant issue for many people. Maybe you could access all of my site fix the issue and advise everyone on the core issue if one stands?

7 years 11 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi Corey,

I get this error :

0 Cannot open file for writing log

please make sure your log file is on correct path (check joomla configuration) and writeable as well

thank you!

7 years 11 months ago
Licenses:

I have checked in configuration and made some adjustments to the path of the log folder and the error continues. Also the permissions for the log folder are set to 755. There are MANY files in my log folder, which one should i be concerned with? I see that it did create an account for you but was unable to import any information. any other reason that may be causing a problem? would it help to start from scratch?

7 years 11 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi Corey,

Yes this we have issue on import FB account to jomsocial, but I dont know the detail since the logs file is not working, so the first thing is you need fix the error logs first.

Can you make sure this folder is exist and has permission 777 instead of 755 :
/kunden/homepages/25/d612875748/htdocs/logs[/i

thank you!

7 years 11 months ago
Licenses:

I made and attempt to change the permissions on the folder "logs" and yes it does exist and was told after calling 1and1 support that the permissions of the log folder can not be changed and they will not change it because im on a shared server and it would change the permissions of everyone of that server. finally after being told that having my own server would be entirely to expensive. besides allowing you full access to my hosting account...which if thats the case i really dont care. what else can i do besides i guess switch hosts lol

7 years 11 months ago
Licenses:

Hi,

FB login told me that FB login cant write at joomla logs folder.
I want remove .htaccess from joomla logs folder. but it cant.
could you please try to remove it? seem that htaccess put some security things on logs folder
and I cant put any files at there.

Regards

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński