Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

facebook connect

7 years 11 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Kola
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired iSEO Active Socialize Expired

ISSUE SUMMARY:

(1)This is what I got when I tried using the Facebook Connect : " Given URL is not allowed by the Application configuration: One or more of the given URLs is not allowed by the App's settings. It must match the Website URL or Canvas URL, or the domain must be a subdomain of one of the App's domains." What am I doing wrong? (2) And secondly , how do I edit the welcome message on Jomsocial?

7 years 11 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Kola,

#1 have you read the FBConnect doc here carefully and follow the steps ? documentation.jomsocial.com/wiki/Setting_up_Facebook_Connect , can I know your FB app config in screenshoot please?
#2 you can edit any jomsocial text on this file language/en-GB/en-GB.com_community.ini

thank you!

7 years 11 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Kola
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired iSEO Active Socialize Expired

sorry i am very new at this, I mean , I want my jomsocial site to use my community name i.e" kspace Members" not jomsocial members as it currently displays.
I can not find "Welcome to JomSocial. You can now grow your social site by inviting people, making friends, sharing photos, and a lot more. The possibilities are endless." in the refernced file per your reply.
Please help this novice.
Thank you

7 years 11 months ago
Licenses:

Hi,

1)
please make sure you put valid URL of your site (www and non-www) at facebook app settings > advanced > Valid OAuth redirect URIs

2)
for any text changes pleae goto joomla backend > extensions > languages, click Overrides button.
search any text (using keywords), at search result, click on it and edit it.

Regards

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński