Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Connect with Facebook Pages

8 years 2 weeks ago
    Topic Author
  • J
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi,

We are using Jomsocial on our business site and to consolidate posting I'd like to know if it's possible to use Facebook connect to link up with a business page on Facebook rather than a Facebook account. The aim is that I would like posts I make on my Facebook page to be reposted automatically on my Jomsocial profile page.

I understand this may require some customization in order to connect to a Facebook page rather than a user profile but I'd like to know;
1. Is this even possible with Facebook's apps stuff?
2. Do you know of any other application that does this if Facebook connect can't do it natively?
3. How complicated do you believe this would be if it required custom development (man hours)?

8 years 2 weeks ago
Licenses:

HI.

Fan Pages are not a "stand alone entity". They are always related with a FB profile.
Thus you can't connect JS with a fan page but only with a profile.

I guess that importing posts from fan pages is not possible... or only with FB widget. FB is jealous for their content and not eager to share it (content = traffic = money).

But you should ask FB developers on FB related forums.

To be honest I don't have a clue how much time it will take... many depends if this is possible and how skilled your developer is.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
8 years 2 weeks ago
    Topic Author
  • J
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hey Michal,

Thanks for the great response!

Okay, how about another approach...

There is software around that social media management companies use to duplicate posts to different social media including Facebook fan pages. Would there be a way to include Jomsocial in this list?

8 years 2 weeks ago
Licenses:

Hi.

Many depends from that software developers. We're always eager to collaborate with other developers.
You didn't mentioned which software/service you mean. Hootsuite?

- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

8 years 2 weeks ago
    Topic Author
  • J
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Varies between companies which is a bit of a problem. I've heard of Hootsuite but not sure if it's used by companies we're looking at. Is there any integration already available / on the roadmap?

8 years 2 weeks ago
Licenses:

Hi.

No, then I suggest to post your idea here: uservoice.jomsocial.com/forums/101561-jo...ial-feature-requests

8 years 2 weeks ago
    Topic Author
  • J
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Thanks, but I expect it would take you too long to develop.

8 years 2 weeks ago
Licenses:

Hi.

True :) And it's not a matter of developing itself... before implementation ideas is voted by community... and this take time :)
I'm sorry but that's how it was designed...
Hiring own developer will be much faster...

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński