Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

can't login with facebook account

8 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Saovry
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 9
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired iSEO Expired Socialize Expired

ISSUE SUMMARY:
I don't know now why my site can't allow user sign in with facebook. I don't know maybe I did some thing with my apps too. It is happen since I moved to another hosting.

STEPS TO REPLICATE:
RESULT

EXPECTED RESULT
BROWSER

Attachments:
8 years 3 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Saovry.

It seems like configuration issue with your app.
Please, try to create new one: documentation.jomsocial.com/index.php?ti..._up_Facebook_Connect

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
8 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Saovry
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

I tried to put with new app and secret and it works but the problem is the users used to sign in with my site with old app and secret, they need to create new account.
- They can use the option a member of this site but when they try to type the username and password, they can't login.
- I edit my first post and I give you the username and password of facebook (Misc Information) that he used to sign in my site with old app and secret...
- Now I use the new app and secret so you can test and see it..
thank

8 years 3 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Saovry.

I can't login to FB due to security question: In what city or town was your mother born?
Could you edit your first post and provide answer in MISC section?

Then I'll check old app settings.

- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

8 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Saovry
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

- I can't forget about those information too because I rarely use that account on facebook.
* But I record the video for you and post at misc information.

1 Even though we choose a member of this site, we still type the username and password.
2 If we type the wrong password, it doesn't show any message to tell us, it just take us back to sign in with facebook page back.
3 If we type the correct username and password correct, we can login but users sign in with facebook on my site never remember their passwords because every time they sign in with facebook, they can automatic login without type username and password.
4 Jomsocial should allow user sign in with facebook with new app and secret automatic login such as the old app and secret key if they have account on our site already...

8 years 3 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Saovry.

This is the idea of logging with FB - you don't have to bother about passwords and user names. The same is for OpenID or Google or Steam or what ever.

And yes, if app data like keys will be changed - users will need to register again... so I need to access your FB app to check it settings.
but I don't need to have direct access, you may post printscreend of every configuration tab for your previous app.

8 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Saovry
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

I uploaded about my APP configured to www.jomsocial.com/community/80656-saovry...s/album?albumid=3309 already.
I have one question, how could I upgrade my APP 2.0 to 2.5 with the latest version.
thank

8 years 3 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Saovry.

Please, try to enable Web OAuth Login in Advanced tab.
API 2.0 means that:

This is the oldest version of the API this app can access. Any call to a version earlier than this or unversioned call by this app will automatically get upgraded to this.

Your app will work with all recent API version down to 2.0.
You don't have to upgrade anything because app just cooperate with API used on sites.

8 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Saovry
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

After I enabled it, now I can login with facebook.
Now I have two problems
- user profile picture avatar doesn't import into my site like before..
- Please look on the picture

Attachments:
8 years 3 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Saovry.

I saw that you already opened new thread for that issue.
I assigned a developer to it:

www.jomsocial.com/forum/facebook-connect...cebook-doeesn-t-work

I close this thread as FB connection issue is solved ;)

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński