Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

JFB Connect Login Redirect Issue

8 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Alex
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Active iSEO Expired Socialize Expired

Hey,

So a few weeks ago after updating core Joomla! I had some issues with login redirects when using JS Hello Me module as login gateway as well as Socialize community toolbar module.

I tried code hot fix which worked for a while then JS Hello Me module was doing the same bug as previous bug and finally was suggested to use JS Redirect plugin.

I am now using JS Redirect plugin and noticed it works properly for failed login page and logout page as well as login page if using manual login field either on Socialize community toolbar module or JS Hello Me module, however, noticed a bug when using JFBConnect component.

I did not notice this bug since for all test accounts I have been using manual login and the other day when with a friend they signed up using fb login/register and when account was created and they logout and go to log back in login redirects back to my home landing page.

I am sure this would be a quick fix and I'm not sure if other users have reported the same bug, but would really appreciate a hot fix for this issue.

The majority of my users in the future and even currently right now use the fb connect to register and login so this is a very important fix for me.

Please help me!

Thanks.

8 years 3 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Alex.

If this apply only to JFBC you should rather contact with their developers and ask if they could do something about it (to follow JomSocial redirect plugin settings). I'm sorry but we can't provide fixes for 3rd party extensions.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alex
8 years 2 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Alex
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Active iSEO Expired Socialize Expired

Okay thank you, I will contact them right now about this issue.

Since their component has a lot of JS users I'm sure they will be able to come up with a fix for this.

So just tell them about my issue and ask them to follow your JS redirect plugin rules???

8 years 2 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Alex.

Yes, report that issue to them.
Also, please, ask them if they'll need any help from our site - they should contact us directly to not bother you anymore.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
Moderators: Piotr Garasiński