Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Create account with Facebook require only username

8 years 5 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Saovry
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 9
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired iSEO Expired Socialize Expired

Why create account with facebook require with only username but doesn't have password.?
- I have one quesion?
One day if someone register their account with my site chooses sign in with facebook on my site and they can do that if they login into facebook already. One day if they forget their username and password to login into facebook.
- How could they can sign in with our site to use sign in with facebook, they will meet the problem. And they don't have the field to update the password too.

If user registered their accounts to choose sign in with facebook want to sign in with their username and password because they forget their username and password to login into facebook (I don't talk about the option on facebook "forget your password", if they choose this option, they can reset their password), Now in the case forget username and password login to facebook, they need to follow these steps login into my our site use their username and password.
1 user can choose forget password so user can login into their email and reset the password in there.
2 After user reset password already now they can have new password (55555) and now user can use their name and the password (55555) to login into my site.
3 In the case that user remember their password and username on facebook back, they login with facebook and then they want to sign in with my site to choose sign in with facebook, user can login successful.
- I want to ask (Why user reset password (55555) doesn't effect with user choose the option sign in with facebook because user changed new password already)

4 Now user change their mind, they don't want to sign in with my site to choose sign in with facebook, they want to use their username and password that they reset. They will meet the problem, they can't use their username and the password (55555) to login into my site. That is the problem for them.

If they want to login into my site to use username and password, they need to reset the password again.

I don't know you understand or not? I am very hard to explain about this.

Attachments:
8 years 5 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Saovry.

No, it doesn't require password. If you log in anywhere using FB account do you type in password? Nope. :)
Creating FB connection NO password is needed or stored. So JomSocial doesn't check (or is even aware FB password).
So if you forget your password to FB you just restore it on FB. Changing password on FB have NO influence on JS-FB connection.

If you register to any service using FB... an then change your min... in most cases you'll need to create new account as previous is associated and authorized by FB. You can't use FB connection and then change your mind and prefer regular login.. only to return to login via FB after a month. No, this can't be done and sorry to say that - this make no sense.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
Moderators: Piotr Garasiński