Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Undefined error again for Facebook Login

8 years 5 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

ISSUE SUMMARY:
After loging in using Facebook, users receive a message "Undefined Error"

Hi

This is a bug that has been happening for more than a year now and it seems that you just can't solve it, despite many new versions has come already.

I paid for a new license just to upgrade once more the JomSocial component to see if you finally solved it, but yet the problem persists.

There are many other customers with the same problem and the support is always recommending "change this file, change that file".

Why don't you finally solve this for good and put it on a new version?
Today I have many of my users complaining about it.

I have reproduce with the Facebook account of a friend, but not with mine.

Please fix this for good! This is the only bug that I have in my site that hasn't been solved for more than a year and this is totally unacceptable.

Thanks

8 years 5 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

It seems that the problem happens on Firefox and Opera but not on Chrome nor Safari, at least on Mac.

8 years 5 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi,

Do you setup any redirection with htaccess or with 3rd party extentsions? because this issue caused by it.

The error is "303 see others" this issue commonly caused by htaccess or redirect configuration.

thank you!

8 years 5 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hi Dima

I'll need more than this info to be able to help you.
As you can imagine, most of your clients will have some kind of redirect on the .htaccess file

Which kind of redirect are we looking for?
And why the problem happens only on Firefox and Opera and not on Safari and Chrome?

thanks

8 years 5 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Just as a test, I removed all redirects from my .htaccess and it's still not working.
Joomla Redirect plugin was already turned off.
I don't use any other redirect system as far as I know, not even JomSocial Redirect plugin.

I believe the problem might be something else, related to the difference on the browsers
I've just tested Edge on Windows 10 and it's also not working. Internet Explorer is not working either.

8 years 5 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi,

I suggest you contact your sys-admin or the developer to inspect this further, this is related with server configuration.. I always check any FB issue on clients site and on my site with firefox, and I didnt get any issue there.

thank you

8 years 5 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hi Dimas

You need to bring a better answer in order for customers to find if the problem is indeed on the server. What is the error that you see that points you to the server? And why it's only happening on certain browsers, which is the client side, not the server side?

I am the sys-admin and developer, so there is no other person to ask anything. My server configuration is pretty standard.

My main concern is that it's related to something on the client side, not the server side, as I already mentioned, since it runs on Chrome and Safaria and it doesn't on Opera, Firefox, Edge and IE.

Could you please bring some more light into the problem, which is an old and recurrent one?
thanks

8 years 5 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi,

The error code is 303, redirect issue, as I know this is caused by server /htaccess or 3rd party plugin configuration..

Would you mind provide me cPanel access please? And is that OK if I create the new joomla and jomsocial installation on your subfolder on your site? Or can you help me to make it?

I will test it on clean installation on your server, so won't confuse with your current joomla configuration.

Thank you.

8 years 5 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hi Dimas

I tried to get some extra space to install a new joomla on a subfolder but I'm already 98% of my disk space quota.
I did another test and just renamed the .htaccess to _.htaccess and it started working.

The strange thing is that I renamed it again to .htaccess and it kept working, with no changes to the content of the file.
It seems to be working for all browsers and all users now.

As a side note, why don't you give better error messages so we can better debug what is going on?

thanks

8 years 5 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Ricardo,

Glad to know that..

the error is only "303 see others" and be directed to another link, that is the best information that I could give to you :)

thank you!

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński