Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

DATETIMEZONE::__CONSTRUCT(): UNKNOWN OR BAD TIMEZONE (PACIFIC/APIA)

8 years 8 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Vera
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired iSEO Expired Socialize Expired

ISSUE SUMMARY:

STEPS TO REPLICATE:
Hello , i have this error for a few days on my site. It only hapens on jomsocial wall. I disabled facebook login and i've asked the hosting company to verify the server timezone. They said it's ok. It's EEST.
Ca you tell why this error occurs ?
RESULT
EXPECTED RESULT
BROWSER

8 years 8 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Vera.

Similar issue was reported few days ago: www.jomsocial.com/forum/facebook-connect...imezone-pacific-apia
But it auto-resolved.

I found old mention on Joomla! forum... maybe it could help: forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?t=656941

I assign developer to this thread.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
8 years 8 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Vera
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

Hi,
I've seen that issue but my problem persist for a few days now and none of the solutions mentioned in that forum post doesn't resolve it.
So i'm stuck with this error and have ho idea where to look for the problem. Is there a server issue? Or is something related with the joomla version ( i have joomla 3.4.3) ?

8 years 8 months ago
Licenses:

Hi,

seem that server issue. but I dont know what php version installed at your site.
please asking to server support about this issue.

and please make sure at your server using UTC at timezone.

Regards

8 years 8 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Vera
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

I've talked to my hosting provider and they said that the server timezone it's ok ( it is set to UTC) . The PHP Version is 5.4.44 .

8 years 8 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Vera,

the issue must be at server side.
I cant access your site. please goto joomla backend > system > system information > php information, find timezone word.
and make sure the date time zone having "Olson" Timezone Database Version 2014.8 ot higher.

Regards

8 years 8 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Vera
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

You can't access it because I've reinstalled my website on other subdomain, on the same server. But i get the same error. In the attach it's an print screen from system information > php information.

8 years 8 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Vera,

could you please send me the detail about new site access detail to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
I need to access administrator page as super user. I really sure this issue related with server.

Regards

8 years 8 months ago
Licenses:

Hi,

for temporary. please set "show time zone" from jomsocial backend > event settings.

Regards

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński