Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Avatar and profile import trigger undefined error and does not log in user

8 years 9 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired iSEO Expired Socialize Expired

ISSUE SUMMARY:

STEPS TO REPLICATE:
1 go to dadafan.club or new.on-club-house.website
2 try to log in with FB connect
3 select import avatar (other option are disabled from backend, this one stays)
RESULT
there is a undefined error
EXPECTED RESULT
Should log in and import avatar
BROWSER
Safari and Mozilla

I understand from previous post that the FB connect is already outdated, is there a way a minima to disable the import avatar to avoid error ?

Is there any particular permission grants to validate on the Facebook app to get the following various features to work ?

- Import Facebook Profile on First Sign Up
- Add Facebook Watermarks on Avatar
- Automatically Re-Import User's Profile Upon Each Login
- Automatically Re-Import User Avatar Upon Each Login
- Import Users Status from Facebook
- Post Statuses to Facebook

Is there any documentation on these features ? Especially the post statuses to Facebook and import status from Facebook ? Is these actions are only performed upon login or is it a kind of permanent connection
Thanks

8 years 9 months ago
Licenses:

Hi,

this is a bug because deprecated functions from facebook it self. here the fix:
www.jomsocial.com/forum/facebook-connect...or-afte-login#136254

Regards

8 years 9 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Albertus,
Thank you the fix is working great.
However, when I log in with my admin Facebook account, I got the error attached. Does that mean there is no stream connection between FB and JS ? I need to ask a review from Facebook in order to do so ?
The Facebook connect is correctly logging in the user (I also use a FB test account), but avatar and status are not imported. No error though.
Bests,
Julien

Attachments:
8 years 9 months ago
Licenses:

UPDATE : avatar does upload now, it was a stupid chmod issue, however I still have the Facebook warning, should I register the FB app with the field described in your video tutorial JS Hero to have error fixed and activity stream updated ?

8 years 9 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Julien,

please edit the following files:
/components/com_community/controllers/connect.php line 32
from

$facebook->hasPermission('read_stream');
to
$facebook->hasPermission('user_posts');

/components/com_community/templates/jomsocial/layouts/facebook.button.php line 57
from
$fbScope[] = 'read_stream';
to
$fbScope[] = 'user_posts';

/components/com_community/templates/jomsocial/layouts/profile.edit.details.php from 131
from
<input<?php echo $readPermission ? ' checked="checked" disabled="true"' : '';?> type="checkbox" id="facebookread" name="connectpermission" onclick="FB.Connect.showPermissionDialog('read_stream', function(x){if(!x){ joms.jQuery('#facebookread').attr('checked',false);}}, true );">
to
<input<?php echo $readPermission ? ' checked="checked" disabled="true"' : '';?> type="checkbox" id="facebookread" name="connectpermission" onclick="FB.Connect.showPermissionDialog('user_posts', function(x){if(!x){ joms.jQuery('#facebookread').attr('checked',false);}}, true );">

let me know the result.

Regards

The following user(s) said Thank You: Eugene
8 years 9 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Albertus,
It does work very nicely now ! Thanks ! One last question :
I have a connection between my Facebook account and my JS website, my post in JS are pushed in Facebook but not the photos, is this normal ?
Thanks again for the great support, it's rare.

8 years 9 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Julien,

yes you are right. only status (post) update will be pushed to FB. for videos, photos, and else it cant.

Regards

The following user(s) said Thank You: Eugene, Bozhidar
Moderators: Piotr Garasiński