Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Having a problem with Facebook connect

9 years 4 weeks ago
    Topic Author
  • Flavius
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

ISSUE SUMMARY: Please see below:
Submit for Login Review
Some of the permissions below have not been approved for use by Facebook.
Submit for review now or learn more.

Pam Hall Music will receive the following info: your public profile, email address, News Feed, birthday, status updates, education history, website and personal description.
Edit the info you provide

STEPS TO REPLICATE:
1Launch site
2 Go to Fan Club
3 lick register
4 Click Facebook connect
RESULT
EXPECTED RESULT
BROWSER

9 years 4 weeks ago
Licenses:

Hi, Flavius.

You don't need to have ALL permissions from Facebook, those basic one should be enough: your public profile, email address, News Feed, birthday, status updates, education history, website and personal description. Even from them not all will be used.

So this is fine.

I checked your site and it seems that your template cause issues with Facebook login/registrations. I switched to Joomla! default template and I could register/login without any issues and my FB data was successfully imported: prntscr.com/6o0xkx

Please check my profile Michał JomSocial.

So please, contact with your template developer to investigate further why template interrupts FB registration.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
Moderators: Piotr Garasiński