Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Profiles and status updates not being imported

9 years 10 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Justin
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hello,
When I first installed Jomsocial, version 3.0.1 I think it was, a friend lent me a copy to try, and I have since bought my own copy, but anyway, at first Facebook import was working just fine. I even had a few status updates get imported successfully, as well as some of my Facebook profile. However, with the newest version, I have noticed that there don't seem to be as many options. Before I was able to find the mappings for Facebook. I was able to assign each one of my fields to import from whatever field I needed in Facebook. However, I can't seem to find those options anymore. Where do I need to look to find them?
Also, what else might cause this problem? I have several new members that used fb to register, and while it let them create an account, nothing was imported.
Any help would be very appreciated.

9 years 10 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Justin.

It depends from FB user privacy, what is imported.
Facebook recently introduced new API rules fro data fetch from facebook so your app need to be reviewed in order to get access to certain data.
Basically name, email, avatar and status should be imported.
The rest depends from FB permissions, apps granted access and Profile fields you have in JomSocial.

When I tried to do a test on your site I get: i.imgur.com/gCRWEJh.png

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
9 years 10 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Justin
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Ah, so the privacy part makes sense. Could you explain more about what happened when you tried to do the test on my site? I am totally blind, so screen shots don't help.
Also, any help in knowing what I need to configure in my app would be very appreciated. I've had this app for a while now, but really don't know what needs to be set up and how to make it work best with my site.

9 years 10 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Justin
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Also, how do I do the mapping? Facebook still needs to know what goes where, but I haven't titled everything the same as on fb.
Also, status hasn't imported for quite some time.

9 years 10 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Just.

First set FB connection so I could check it.
Did you read this: documentation.jomsocial.com/wiki/Setting_up_Facebook_Connect ?

- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

9 years 10 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Justin
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hello,
What do you mean set it up so you can check it? I've had it set up for quite some time. I don't understand what's going wrong here. I read the documentation and still don't see anything that tells me how to decide what gets imported from Facebook and where those settings are at. But I've done everything in the link you sent me as best I can tell. Again, the documentation you sent me relies heavily on screen shots which, as I already said, do me no good as I am blind, and my screen reader can't read them. So I suppose I could be missing something, but I think it's all set up to work as stated in the documentation, but it doesn't appear that anything is being imported. And, while I have it set to also publish status updates on Facebook, that has never happened yet.
The problem I'm having is that I can't do some of the things that Facebook says need to be done to have the app approved, as they require screen shots and such, and even if I could find a way to take a screen shot, I have no way of verifying that it actually got what I wanted it to get in the picture. Hate to have to pay for an app developer, but looks as if I may be stuck doing just that.

9 years 10 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Justin.

I'm sorry I get it now.

For the first time when I tried to register via Facebook I get notice:

"Given URL is not allowed by the Application configuration.: One or more of the given URLs is not allowed by the App's settings. It must match the Website URL or Canvas URL, or the domain must be a subdomain of one of the App's domains."

But now it was fine. I registered successfully.

I noticed error in console: SyntaxError: syntax error - ajax_1.5.pack.js
Probably that is why avatar and status are not updated.

I also ask our developer about it.
As far I know in JomSocial 3.2.0.7 you don't map any fields to match Facebook... so this needs to be explained.
I'll update you as soon as possible.

9 years 10 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Justin
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Okay, I did go in to my app on Facebook and fix the domain. As it said in the documentation, no http:// or www, so I got rid of that.
The field mapping thing could be a real problem though, as I have some custom fields that aren't on Facebook, and other fields that would have the same content, but are labeled differently.
As to the other errors you are getting, I would be interested in knowing how that all should be fixed.
Thanks for your help.

9 years 10 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Justin
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

WHAT DID YOU DO???????? My site has to stay in Spanish as that is the language that ALL of my members use. I don't know what you did to change it to English, but I need it fixed IMMEDIATELY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is okay to change backend language if you need to, but changing my fronted language, which will effect my users, is NOT okay!!! I need the support, but please refrain from changing fronted language. This is not good!!!

9 years 10 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Justin
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Okay, I got the language back, but you didn't even know that you had done this. Who knows how many users could have been effected? Please let me know before such a move in the future, and if at all possible avoid changing the language. I just about had a heart attack.

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński