Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Cannot Post Statuses to Facebook

9 years 10 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Blue
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi,
I have some doubts with jomsocial facebook connect in JOMSOCIAL 3.2.

1. I had created an app in fb and integrated it in my test site in localhost and it works fine.
But once i integrate the fb account with an existing account in jomsocial, I can't login through the jomsocial login form with my login credentials. Likewise a new account created by facebook login also can't login through the jomsocial login form using the registered username.

Is there any way to continue the account login through the jomsocial login form even after integrating the fb account with jomsocial account ?

2. I have enabled the option 'Post Statuses to Facebook' in the configuration in my test site in the localhost. But statuses updated in jomsocial account is not being posted to my fb profile.
But my profile avatar and status got imported from fb and it works fine.
I have tested this in joomla 3.3 the ampps localhost. I haven't tested it in our livesite

Is this ''Post Statuses to Facebook'' works only in the livesite?
Is there any way to check this in localhost?

Thanks & Regards
Sariga

9 years 10 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Blue.

If issue occurs on localhost then we can't help you. We don't support localhost installations.
Please, read our support policy: www.jomsocial.com/support (remarks on the very bottom).
In order to receive support, upload your system to living server.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
9 years 10 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Blue
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Now I had tested it in the live server. But still the issue persists.

URL : atmamalayalam.com/ourcommunity

Thanks & Regards
Sariga

9 years 10 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Blue.

Please, upgrade to JomSocial 3.2.0.6 as when I try to post status I'm asked to log in (known bug but fixed in 3.2.0.6)

- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

9 years 10 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Blue
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi Michal,

I just upgraded the jomsocial to latest version 3.2.0.7.
Now 'import profile avatar', 'status', 'website', 'educational history' and 'about me' works fine.. :)
But cannot import the birthdate. Also cannot Post the Statuses to Facebook.

When I submitted the fb app for review, permission for user_birthday and read_stream were rejected.
Attached the screenshots of the app review :

screencast.com/t/Vax6TiLvoE
screencast.com/t/KiqXaHhYXw9

Are these issues with 'importing birthdate' and 'posting the status to fb' due to the rejection ?

What should be done to get the permission for the 'user_birthday' & 'read_stream' ?

Thanks & Regards
Sariga

Attachments:
9 years 10 months ago
Licenses:

Hi.

Yes, if access is rejected then no data is acquired...
You should ask FB support as this is per their policy.
I'm sorry but supporting issues with FB apps review and possible review rejections this is beyond scope of our technical support

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński