Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

layout facebook

9 years 11 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hello, I wanted to know the information. When I share a profile and other pages on facebook, I have attached screenshot. You could instead show a preview of what I am sharing?

Attachments:
9 years 11 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Domenico.

You sharing something on Facebook. Try to use Facebook link debug tool:
developers.facebook.com/tools/debug

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
9 years 11 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Yes, but you always see the same thing. If I share an event should come out the photos of the event with its description. Why does not it?

9 years 11 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Domenico.

Then try to remove itemid and lang form url, like this:

developers.facebook.com/tools/debug/og/o...event%26eventid%3D51

- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

9 years 11 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

ok, but I have to do it manually for each event? however, it still does not come out the photos and the description when I share it from the site. Users will share the site not from developers.facebook.com/tools/debug

9 years 11 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Domenico.

You don't have share links from: developers.facebook.com/tools/debug. This is just a debug tool.

Yes, you'll have to remove this part of URL each time you want to share event on Facbeook... because you don't use canonical paths (SEF URLs).

Take a look here:

<meta property="og:type" content="website"/>
<meta property="og:url" content=" veganbook.biz/index.php?option=com_commu...eventid=51&lang=it"/ >
<meta property="og:title" content="Evento di Sagra VEGETARIANA"/>
<meta property="og:description" content="VeganBook"/>
<meta property="og:image" content=" veganbook.biz/components/com_community/assets/event.png"/ >
<meta property="og:image" content=" veganbook.biz/images/cover/event/51/e898...0981bef202ac1f.jpg"/ >
<meta property="og:see_also" content="/index.php?lang=it"/>
<meta property="og:see_also" content="/index.php?option=com_community&view=groups&task=display&Itemid=1665&lang=it"/>
<meta property="og:see_also" content="/index.php?option=com_community&view=photos&task=display&Itemid=487&lang=it"/>
<meta property="og:see_also" content="/index.php?option=com_community&view=videos&task=display&Itemid=487&lang=it"/>
<meta property="og:see_also" content="/index.php?option=com_community&view=events&task=display&Itemid=1490&lang=it"/>
<meta property="og:site_name" content="VeganBook"/>

Description declared in meta property is:
<meta property="og:description" content="VeganBook"/>

And it is displayed in FB preview. This description is not taken from Event but from Joomla!

Take a look on Event from our Community:

developers.facebook.com/tools/debug/og/o...elease-virtual-party

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński