Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Question re: FB connect submission requirements

9 years 10 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Following wiki instructions facebook approves by default: email, public_profile, and user friends. I then use facebook test user to sign up and receives an alert pop up that is same as initial login provided in wiki which says in short various permissions (i.e. user_activities) have not been approved and ends with "submit them for review ...".

What I'm trying to understand at this point is whether this red alert pop up that's presented to each new facebook user is a message generated by facebook indicating a requirement to submit additional facebook approval requesting for say 'user_activities' to allow jomsocial access?

Thanks in advance

Attachments:
9 years 10 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi Theodore,

well, facebook always changes their API flow, I think purpose for increasing the security for your account and for FB app itself.. so for every new FB App you need request the submission approval from FB team, for making sure your app is valid and creadible.

And our app "Jomsocail Documentation" hasn't sent the submission to FB team :p

I hope it will help

Thank you

9 years 10 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hi, what I'm seeking is assistance to complete jomsocial's fb submission requirements to answer questions about for instance read_stream: 1) utility; 2) visibility and 3) how it enhances user experience. Selecting read_stream alone increases review time. The same questions must be answered for each function in the red alert box. Surely someone completed the entire submission by now, I just looking for guidance how I can navigate through this maze of questions. Has each jomsocial client gone thru is level of scrutiny alone?

9 years 10 months ago
  • Paul
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi Theodore,

The messages is because Facebook requires the app to be approved before they will let the component access the complete users information. This is a New Facebook requirement. If you don't submit your app for approval then the message will remain. We have a help document regarding this here documentation.jomsocial.com/wiki/Setting_up_Facebook_Connect

Have a great day

9 years 10 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hi Paul,

I've followed wiki instructions. Now, I'm trying to respond to fb submission questions about why jomsocial needs access to fb user info using read_stream. What I'm seeking are answers that only jomsocial developers can provide, similar to: oxpedia.org/wiki/index.php?title=FacebookMessaging_Bundle

I also have a question about event error message: Error - Sorry, we cannot find the specified event. I've reviewed similar questions in the event forum but didn't find a solution. The error is presented when accessing event on frontpage and while logged in as member, however, the event is accessible from dashboard. The problem appears to be that the view event links are different for member and dashboard. i.e. member is directed to url: dickgregory.com/sage/index.php/component...anagement?Itemid=814 while dashboard is directed to url: www.dickgregory.com/sage/index.php?optio...=viewevent&eventid=3 . What's causing this?

9 years 10 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hi Paul,

Please ignore event error question, its solved.

Regard

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński