Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Status & Review Submission

9 years 11 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Eric
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired Socialize Expired

Hi,

I have set up Facebook Connect and appear to have some of the functionality working. I have two questions:

1. When I send my app for review on the Facebook developer site, under 'Status and Review' I then see a box asking 'Select the items you want to include in this submission'. Can you please tell me which boxes to check? Both the Jomsocial video tutorial and documentation don't specify what needs to be selected.

2. Exactly what information could/should Jomsocial pull from somebody's Facebook account if they choose to create an account using this feature, assuming there are no restrictions on that individual's Facebook account. I would like to test it is working, but don't know what information to expect. At the moment, it is only pulling in the Avatar, Name and Date of Birth.

Thanks,

Eric.

9 years 11 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Eric.

1. This is latest change in Facebook apps... so we will update our tutorials soon.
You need to select your app to include in submission... but I'm not sure. I created my app without sending for review and it works too.
Please, ask on facebook help to by 100% sure.

2. JomSocial pull from Facebook:

- name
- email
- current status
- birth date
- education
- phone (if provided)

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
9 years 11 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Eric
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired Socialize Expired

Hi,

Thank you for your reply, I look forward to seeing the updated documentation/video.

My problem now is that the Facebook Connect feature is not pulling through all the information it should be doing. I have tested it with my own Facebook account, and I have checked my Facebook account and everything is set to public. I only get the name, avatar and date of birth. Can you please investigate the problem for me? Are there any other setting I can try?

Thanks,

Eric.

9 years 11 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Eric.

All depends from fields you have in Profile.
Did you changed or removed them them?
If you use fields that ware installed along with JomSocial then they should be populated.

- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

9 years 10 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Eric.

We have not received any response back from you in over 7 days, and would like to know if you consider this issue to be resolved. If you have any further questions, simply reply to this post.

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński