Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

You do not have permission to view this resource. Please contact the Site A

9 years 11 months ago
    Topic Author
  • John
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

You do not have permission to view this resource. Please contact the Site Administrator.

I've seen a couple of post that are very similar to this but I cant get any where with correcting this issue.
I just recently moved my site to a new hosting Siteground and upgraded from 2.5 to 3.3.0 That's when I discovered issues with my FB connect.
Things I have done to try to fix it. Rechecked my FB developement page. Looks ok from what I can see. I havent touched it since they required some more info last year. Looked to see if all the back end is filled correctly. Reinstalled a new version of Jomsocial just in case of corrupt files. I may be over looking something but I cant be sure.

Site Scifiology.com
Version of Joomla
Joomla! 3.3.0 Stable
PHP 5.3.28
Jomsocial Version: 3.2.0.5
All three requirements met for Facebook Connect

Attachment ScreenShot2014-05-26at9.49.17AM.png not found

Attachments:
9 years 11 months ago
  • Chris
  • Visitor
Licenses:

hi there.

Could you check if url to your back-end is correct? I just tried to access it and unfortunately I'm not able to do that, so please double check deatils from site info box.

9 years 11 months ago
    Topic Author
  • John
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

It is set properly . I am getting in. However funny you mentioned that. For some real strange reason now and then on my laptop the DNS points to the old hosting server even though everything on the new host is configured to point to theirs and when I checked on the old hosting the domain even though registers active reads Website doesn't exist for scifiology.com. I thought it was a caching issue on my end.

Attachment ScreenShot2014-05-26at1.26.03PM.png not found

Attachments:
9 years 11 months ago
  • Chris
  • Visitor
Licenses:

hi John.

I just fixed the problem on your site :) I found some stuff about Dr Who series, awesome..I'm big fan of this show :)

9 years 11 months ago
    Topic Author
  • John
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hi Chris Glad you liked it. Am a huge fan also since I was a little kid. :) .Thank you so much of taking the time. But I am still getting the same issue when I tried to log in . Question since it is a site that moved from one hosting to another can it be that its the authentication from existing users having issues ?

9 years 11 months ago
  • Chris
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Sorry John, it was my fault..:) It should be fixed right now.

9 years 11 months ago
    Topic Author
  • John
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

No problem. I appreciate the help. I been at this long long enough to know sometimes debugging takes unforseen turns and what works on one end may for some reason or another not work on another. Its a wonder that all coders are not heavy drinkers LOL.
Again thank you

9 years 11 months ago
    Topic Author
  • John
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Figured out what was going on. I went into the users in the back end looked at my settings and noticed that event hough I was activated it did not have me assign to any group. i assigned myself as a register user and was able to log in using FB connect. Now I aqm able to log in and out using FBconnect. I hope this helps some with issues similar to this.

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński