Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Main Menu item (with sub menu) and facebook login are not working

9 years 11 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Monir
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired Socialize Expired

Hi!
When I create main menu with submenu then main menu doesn't work. Explained as follow

Profile (link doesn't work. I want main menu also working if somebody clicks)
- My Profile (Link works)
- Edit profile (Link works)
- Privacy (Link works)

Other thing is facebook login is not working, It comes up with blank box screen.
I contacted my hosting provider regarding fsockopen() they answered me followed:

"The server you're on does have the fsockopen() function enabled. If the port you need to connect to is a non-standard one, then we would need to allow it through the firewall. I would be more than happy to get this done for you. Is there a particular port you need open in the firewall?"

Please if you kindly explain me how to fix this problem.

Thank you very much.

Monir

The following user(s) said Thank You: WalterCek
9 years 11 months ago
  • Chris
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

hi Monir.

1)About the main menus, for me everything is working correctly, maybe I'm missing something? Could you maybe explain this problem in more details?

2)As far I can see Facebook Connect is not even configured on your site, so please make sure that you configured it correctly as mentioned here > documentation.jomsocial.com/wiki/Setting_up_Facebook_Connect

3)I also suggest to upgrade JomSocial to the latest version which is 3.2.0.5

9 years 11 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Monir
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

Hi! Thanks for your quick answer. I finally was able to login by facebook, and upgraded joomla social version. Now I can not login to the site. It always show invalid login. If you kindly see this issue with urgent please.
Last time I changed jomsocial layout section activity filters from show all to members and friends only.

I can login with facebook but it logout again automatically. When login again then same invalid token.

9 years 11 months ago
  • Chris
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi Monir.

First of all, please update your supported domain, since it's not working for me and we can support only those domains which are entered as "supported domain" Secondly, those issues are not happening for me, so please try to clear cache and cookies for your browser.

9 years 11 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Monir
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

Hi Chris,
Thank you very much for your help. I am going to update support page.

Thanks

The following user(s) said Thank You: WalterCek
Moderators: Piotr Garasiński