Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Hello Me, Facebook Connect and JFBConnect

9 years 11 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Matthew
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi,

I have the 'Use SourceCoast's JFBC' setting in the JomSocial setting set to Yes, and it works as expected in the login modals and other parts of the site except in the Hello Me module.

In the Hello Me module the 'traditional' Facebook Connect button seems to remain. In JFBConnect I'm linking through FB and LinkedIn, so ideally I'd prefer for both those buttons to appear in the Hello Me module to users that are not logged in.

Is this a limitation in JFBConnect or is it just that the module does not respect the JomSocial setting?

Thanks,
Matthew

P.S. I don't use activation codes. How can I turn off the 'resend activation code' link?

9 years 11 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Matthew,

seems this is valid bug, I will add this to our bug list..

thank you for reporting.

9 years 11 months ago
  • Chris
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Matthew.

Please extract those files here > modules\mod_hellome\tmpl\ (it'll be included into our next installation package)

And then check the issue once again, it should fix the problem. If not, please let us know and we'll look into this once again.

This attachment is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

This message has an attachment file.
Please log in or register to see it.

9 years 11 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Matthew
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Yes, that got it thanks.

I've commented out line 221 because I don't use activation codes on my site and there doesn't seem to be an option to turn it off. This solution is fine for me, but it could be something else to look at one day (it could be automatically excluded by checking the Joomla variables to see if activation codes are enabled or not).

Cheers,
Matthew

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński