Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

FB Connect Login redirects to 404 error Page - Component Not Installed

10 years 6 days ago
    Topic Author
  • Jeff
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Added FTP info for David

10 years 6 days ago
    Topic Author
  • Jeff
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Question - if a user registers by logging in using FBC, and account is set up through this process, do they ALWAYS have to sign in using FBC? This seems to work OK, but if as a FB registered user I click login and enter my FB user and login, I get the error page. If I go back to the reg page (where the FBC button is), and log in this way, it works.

So - if reg with FBC, always log in with FBC? If this is the case I just need to figure out how to get the FBC button on my Jomsocial and modal Login pages..........

Note Albert has also created a second post suggesting turning off JomSocial Redirect Plug In - tried this and everything just gets sent to Joomla Reg and Log In pages - not what I wanted. Re-enabled the plug in.

10 years 5 days ago
  • David
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for the FTP info :)

yes if user signup using FBC, they must use FBC to login into your site at least they edit their profile page and insert new password there (If i'm not mistaken)..

if you disable jomsocial redirect, joomla will use default redirect on joomla system and you can't cofigure it..

By the way, where is your first topics ? i can't find it on my pending replies section.. maybe you can post the topic link here ?
Since this is weekend, i will check on monday :)

Warm Regards,

David

10 years 2 days ago
    Topic Author
  • Jeff
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi David

Thanks for the clarification - so my issue is that the FB Connect Login button is not showing up on my Login Page (there is a Login link at the bottom of the page for testing) or Login Modal PopUp (the Login text at the top of the page).

I am using a Shape5 template for this site, and I think they have their own S5_login module that replaces the Joomla module.....perhaps this is the issue with the button not showing for Login?

If I can't get the FB button to show in my Login spaces I will have to disable it (although I do want the ability to post back to FB from our forum posts). Currently, it only shows under the registration page (which current members will not go to).

Any help is appreciated

PS - not sure where the other post went. Also had a dialogue started with Albert but your help has been more fruitful (no offense to Albert!!)

Thanks David

10 years 1 day ago
  • David
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi jeff,

yes, you must understand every module and template position for your shape5, so you can overrides as long as you know the template positions and typography :) maybe you can ask your shape5 developer how to add this into login shape5 login form

Warm Regards,

David

10 years 8 hours ago
    Topic Author
  • Jeff
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

I am confused David - why is that the FBconnect button shows up on the JS Reg page but not the login page (modal I can understand, but it should show on the login page itself.

Not sure how to go about the overrides to make it work - nothing on the Shape5 support site, and I have a ticket in with them, but any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

9 years 11 months ago
  • David
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Jeff,

i already assigned this to our developers, maybe they can help you to do override on shape5 popup login page.. i tried by my self but can't figure it out..

Warm regards,

David

9 years 11 months ago
  • David
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Jeff,

our developers suggest you to install this plugins extensions.joomla.org/extensions/social-...facebook-integration

our FB button doesn't show on your pop up login because that is joomla login, not jomsocial..

Warm regards,

David

9 years 11 months ago
  • David
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Jeff,

We have not received any response back from you in over 7 days, and would like to know if you consider this issue to be resolved. If you have any further questions, simply reply to this post.

Warm Regards,

David

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński