Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

FB Connect Login redirects to 404 error Page - Component Not Installed

10 years 1 week ago
    Topic Author
  • Jeff
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi

I have recently activated the FB Connect plugin on a site ( www.bodyproudnetwork.com ), and having a couple of issues:

1) When users REGISTER with the FB option, all seems to work fine and they are setup in the user dbase, but if they come back to the site and login, they are redirected to a 404 error page (itemid 171, and I have no idea what this is). If you register or login through the jomsocial component everything works fine. Is there a different way to control the login redirect when entering using FB connect, as the Jomsocial Redirect (which is set to Home and works fine if user registered using the Jomsocial Reg) does not seem to work with FBConnect

2) FBConnect buttons up on the Registration page but not the Login Page. I have the login in a popup modal, which picked up the Jomsocial elements (forgot, no account..),but does not show the FBC button. I also set up a login menupage temporarily at the bottom of the site to test, and no button there either.

I am headed towards turning off FBC.............

10 years 6 days ago
Licenses:

Hi Jeff,

please try to disabling this plugin: System - Jomsocial Redirect

and let me know the result.

Regards,
Albert

10 years 6 days ago
    Topic Author
  • Jeff
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi Albert

I disabled the System - Jomsocial Redirect plug in as advised, which does remove the error, but only because the system no longer authenticates me as a user when signing in using the FB credentials (now says that I do not have a a valid user or password??) I am also now taken to the joomla reg page when I click create an account, which is not good So with this plug in disabled, I can no longer signin with FB account user and password, and lose my custom registration form from Jomsocial.

Re-enabled the plug in and back to where we started.
If a user signs with FBC, do they always have signin this way. Thought our db would hold the credentials on our side also?

10 years 4 days ago
Licenses:

Hi Jeff,

Is hard for me to find the problem. could you please check your facebook APP setup. maybe there is a redirect URL at there.

Regards,
Albert

9 years 11 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Jeff,

We have not received any response back from you in over 7 days, and would like to know if you consider this issue to be resolved. If you have any further questions, simply reply to this post.

Regards,
Albert

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński