Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Redirect on FB Login

10 years 1 week ago
    Topic Author
  • Marcos
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hi,

For some reason, the FB Login, is not redirecting to the logged in home page.

If I go into Configuration > Site > Frontpage

And change it to anything else, the login process works properly.

I have checked both the joomla and jomsocial redirect options, and I don't have any consisten results.

Lastly, using the FB login, does not redirect to the current site language, it sends you to the site default, which is what I think may be causing the issue.

Please have a look and let me know what can be done to fix this so that when people login, they are directed to the home page of their language.

Thanks!

10 years 1 week ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi Marcos,

Please you also check jomsocial redirect plugin, and set the redirect page as you want there.

thank you

10 years 1 week ago
Licenses:

Hi, Marcos.

Please try to disable log in module in upper right corner and try again.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
10 years 1 week ago
    Topic Author
  • Marcos
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hi,

FYI : Before I submit a ticket, I have tried everything. Disabling the module is easy, you tried it and saw it did not work. I installed it to see if it made any difference.

3 Notes.

1. Redirect works properly when the J cache is cleared, and only works the 1st time only one time.
2. Hitting Ctrl F5 on the browser loads the page properly after login
3. This seems to be a language issue.

Please investiagate further and let me know.

Dimas : I have tried numerous configurations with the redirect plugins, both the joomla and JS, both on, both off, and each of them on their own. JS plugin redirects to home in only one language. I will try again with that until you guys can help me with a solution.

Thank you for the assistance.

EDIT>

Disabling the JS redirect, allows the JS Component to handle the redirecting. This WORKS properly. I am currently reviewing the menu aliases, as it seems, the component's redirect uses the alias from the Menu ALL, and then redirects to the appropriate language. I will keep you posted by editing the post

EDIT 2>

It is very sporadic. I unpublished all unlinked menus and related all similar languages, and sometimes it will log you in properly twice and that's it. You have to hit CTRL F5 and it displays the home page. Please note, THIS ONLY HAPPENS ON THE HOME PAGE. If I tell JS to redirect to Groups for example, it works fine. So it is not a third party issue as tagged.

EDIT 3>

Going back to my original post. If you login using another language it redirects as the default language. If you click on Home, you will notice that it will show the login screen unless you press CTRL F5 to refresh. So in summary, no redirect to proper language, and doesnt show Frontpage in default language when logged in. If you change the language it will show properly.

FINAL EDIT > CONCLUSION

Aside from having to decide what is going to be redirecting where, as you have (the home page, the joomla redirect, the js redircet, and the component redirect) this is aside from any third party component that may be installed, your main problem is this. The page DOES NOT refresh properly after login. Either a token, or something in the cache is causing the login issues. When I clear the cache and try to use a third party login, or the FB login, it works great, like charm. Sometimes I try a second time and it works (which is strange) because when I try a third time, the problem pops up again. THIS DOES NOT HAPPEN, when using the standard login. The standard login works perfectly. I hope all this information helps. On to my other sites. I have 3 JS sites I have been trying to make live for the past 3 years and still no go. And I have possibly two more. I really wish I could put all this behind me and actually start working.

10 years 1 week ago
Licenses:

Hi, Marcos.

Did you tried on other browsers? It seems to be rather caching issue if you say that after clearing cache it works.

- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Herbassess
10 years 1 week ago
    Topic Author
  • Marcos
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:

Hi,

It is the same case. Do these have to be enabled:

System - Jomsocial Redirect
System - Redirect

-> When I disable these, it seems to work better on some browsers.

10 years 4 days ago
Licenses:

Hi, Marcos.

Both plugins may be disabled and it will not influence your system performance.

10 years 3 days ago
    Topic Author
  • Marcos
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:

Hi,

I still have the issues, with the exception that now the FB login shows up blank.

Marcos

10 years 2 days ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Marcos,

Well, we found the valid bug in FBC, our team is inspecting this right now..

9 years 11 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Marcos.

We have not received any response back from you in over 7 days, and would like to know if you consider this issue to be resolved. If you have any further questions, simply reply to this post.

9 years 11 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Marcos
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:

Any updates on the bug Dimas reported?

9 years 11 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Marcos,

This bug already fixed in version 3.2.0.5..

Please let me know if this issue is still happening

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński