Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Redirect FB Connect users to some page other than "Getting Started"

10 years 2 weeks ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Unlike my other users, Facebook Connect users are being directed to the following page upon a successful login:

/index.php/getting-started

How do I get them to be redirected to the the jomsocial page instead, like my normal users are... /index.php/jomsocial ??

Is there a file I can override to make this happen?

10 years 2 weeks ago
Licenses:

Hi, Josh.

Please provide us with working credentials to your backend.
Edit your first post and check the one you add before.

I can't login to your backend.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
10 years 1 week ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Okay, I have re-submitted my back-end credentials.

Please advise.

10 years 1 week ago
Licenses:

Hi, Josh.

Unfortunately I can't login via Facebook.
I get error:

Error
App Not Setup: The developers of this app have not set up this app properly for Facebook Login.

Also when I log in with credential you provided us I'm landing on index.php/jomsocial and not /index.php/getting-started.

- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

10 years 1 week ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Sorry about that, the app had not been made public. It has now. Please try to log in again with FB Connect.

And yes, you are correct, logging in with a local/native Jomsocial user will take you to the correct landing page ( index.php/jomsocial ). It's only the Facebook users that are taken to the "getting started" page.

10 years 1 week ago
Licenses:

Hi, Josh.

Ah! This is also your thread: www.jomsocial.com/forum/facebook-connect...-your-facebook-login So as for now we can't login to see where users are redirected :) So first we need to solve FB login issue then we'll manage redirection issue ;)

Post a replay here when we fix first issue.

9 years 11 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Josh.

We have not received any response back from you in over 7 days, and would like to know if you consider this issue to be resolved. If you have any further questions, simply reply to this post.

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński