Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

fconnect sign up message

10 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • Jack
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

When new users sign up using fconnect for the first time, a pop up appears asking if they are a returning member or a new user. Is there a way I can manually change the wording of these popups to fit our language?

The best thing would be to bypass the popup altogether, is that possible? I would like for it to be only the permissions popup, nothing else.

10 years 1 month ago
  • David
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Jack,

To translate FBConnect Flow Text, you can open en-GB.com_community file on your joomla > language > en-GB from cpanel or FTP with your favourite editor..

search which phrase do you want to change.. Example : i search for "Existing Site Member" phrase, and i will find it on line 1615.. just change that phrase into your translate language and save this file and upload again into your hosting..

if your website has multilanguage, you just take the language constant "COM_COMMUNITY_EXISTING_SITE_MEMBER" (from example above) then go to your joomla backend > extensions > language manager > overrides > new and insert this constant on "Language Constant" textbox and add your translation into "Text" textarea and then click save :)

You can't bypass this flow because this is facebook flow and our flow to recognize the user :)

Warm Regards,

David

10 years 2 weeks ago
    Topic Author
  • Jack
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Thanks, however my members were still confused and frustrated with the popup. Is there a way to remove it completely? It would be ideal for them to just go straight to the main page.

10 years 2 weeks ago
  • David
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Jack,

we can't remove it because this is flow from Facebook and jomsocial to recognize user who is login from facebook and import avatar, recognize new user or existing user, etc.. if you remove this flow, i believe jomsocial flow about user manager will be mess up..

Warm Regards,

David

9 years 11 months ago
  • David
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Jack,

We have not received any response back from you in over 7 days, and would like to know if you consider this issue to be resolved. If you have any further questions, simply reply to this post.

Warm Regards,

David

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński