Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Facebook Connect URL Error happens in Chrome, and internet explorer

10 years 2 months ago
    Topic Author
  • marc
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Given URL is not allowed by the Application configuration.: One or more of the given URLs is not allowed by the App's settings. It must match the Website URL or Canvas URL, or the domain must be a subdomain of one of the App's domains.

Very strange, tried resetting up Facebook application twice following the book crossing all the T's and dotting the I's it's still not working though.

Any idea's ?

The URL Output :
www.facebook.com/dialog/oauth?scope=read...239806&display=popup

NOTE: happens in Chrome, and internet explorer

Attachments:
10 years 2 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi,

You did not set the FB app well, please you follow this doc carefully documentation.jomsocial.com/wiki/Setting_up_Facebook_Connect and provide me the screenshoot of your FB app setting.

thank you

10 years 2 months ago
    Topic Author
  • marc
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

facebook is configured correctly, if it wasn't it wouldn't work at all right ?

It appears to work fine in firefox, but not in other browsers. It's not a cache issue as all of that and URL/SEF optimization has all been turned off when testing.

10 years 2 months ago
    Topic Author
  • marc
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Re setup the application and as you can see there is a successful connection and it does login with firefox. Other browsers still the url problem.
Sure this is just some thing silly, but confusing as it is actually working in firxfox.

Attachments:
10 years 2 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Marc,

This issue not caused the browser.. this issue caused by FB session, if you not login yet it will be fine, but it wont work if you already logged it will show that error.. actually this issue come from the FB app setting from the sandbox things, so please you turn off the sanbox in your FB app.. i hope it will help.

10 years 2 months ago
    Topic Author
  • marc
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

I retested in Chrome with no previous browser sessions open cleared all cache and did actually double check the application modes to see if it was in fact in sandbox mode. Unfortunately the same problem arises...

10 years 2 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
Licenses:

HI there,

I see in your FB app URL it show paramater "scope=offline_access" you need disabled the sandbox..

This issue come from FB setting issue, not in Jomsocial side actually, because this issue happens on FB window dialog(Facebook URL), post to Facebook forum for getting more information

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński