Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Blank Page After I Click on Login with Facebook

10 years 2 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Marcos
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hi,

When I click login with facebook, the import status and avatar is blank. If I refresh the page I am logged in using facebook.

1. What could be causing this and how to fix?
2. How can I disable that window so that the user is not asked this every time? Maybe add a "Dont ask me again" checkbox?

Thanks!

10 years 2 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Marcos Paulino.

1. Have you tried this: disable Require AppSecret Proof for Server API calls and Stream post URL security on your FB app setting, the answer regarding this issue is come from here: stackoverflow.com/questions/16669250/fac...api-call-after-login

2. It is designed to work that way. if you think it should be redesigned, please add your voice here: uservoice.jomsocial.com/forums/101561-feature-request

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
10 years 2 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Marcos
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hi,

That is an old version of FB, but I did go in and check, and my settings were the same.

I need you to understand that the only change I made was moving the site from the test folder to the root. That was it. Also, you need to know that the app works fine, it logs in properly. The only issue is that the modal window that asks if you want to import the Profile Pic and Status opens up blank.

Lastly, it doesn't give me any error messages so I dont event know where to start.

BTW - Quick reply functionality on your support forum does not work anymore...

10 years 2 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Marcos
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:

I reinstalled js on another domain on the same server, and the issue persists. I tested on an older js and it works fine on another server. Could it be a PHP issue? Thing is, everything was running fine until I moved the install to the root.

Here is what I am running:

PHP Built On Linux 2.6.32-358.11.1.el6.x86_64 #1 SMP Wed Jun 12 03:34:52 UTC 2013 x86_64
Database Version 5.1.73
Database Collation utf8_general_ci
PHP Version 5.3.3
Web Server Apache
WebServer to PHP Interface cgi-fcgi
Joomla! Version Joomla! 3.2.2 Stable [ Ember ] 6-February-2014 16:00 GMT
Joomla! Platform Version Joomla Platform 13.1.0 Stable [ Curiosity ] 24-Apr-2013 00:00 GMT

10 years 2 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Marcos Paulino.

Yes, It could be. What are the differences between server settings and environment versions?

- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

10 years 2 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Marcos
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:

The other server has an older version of JS. I will try to install a new one.

Just remember this.. All I did was move my JS install from one directory on the server to another, and then this happened. It could be an easy fix.

Could you please login and have a look?

10 years 2 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Marcos
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:

Found the issue...

Edit your PHP settings and set Display Errors to "off"

This is what causes the import avatar and status from facebook to show blank. My issue is now fixed :)

On another note, while back in memory lane looking at my first installs of JS, I noticed that the pop up windows sized properly whereas in this new version they do not. When will that be fixed? Check my other posts, there should be a ticket related to this...

10 years 2 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Marcos Paulino.

Ah! So everything is on the same server... but you moved JomSocial to another folder before or after upgrade?
And what will happened if you reverse change?

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński