Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

default System - Jomsocial Facebook Connect plugin versus sourcecoast fbc

10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • James
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi, I am trying to understand the difference between your facbook connect plugin and the sourcecoasts fbconnect plugin: www.sourcecoast.com/joomla-facebook/

What restrictions does your plugin have that sourcecoasts solution might add?

On a seperate query, i would like to adjust the 'log in with facebook' button to look nicer. I can't seem to find a clear answer from google, are you able to help with this?

Many thanks

James

Attachments:
10 years 3 months ago
  • Karl
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 8
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

I'd love to know the differences in these methods also.

K

10 years 3 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hello James

The main difference between JomSocial built in FBC and JFBC are that JomSocial's solution is much more simpler, but simpler not in a terms of use but in a terms of functionality.
Sourcecoast JFBC is a full fledged component which is designed around one purpose. Facebook Connect.
Having said that, it allows you much more flexibility but, to better understand all the features of JFBC, it would be better if you ask on their site.

Our built in facebook connect feature is very basic but have everything that is required for users to login or create accounts. JFBC have much more.

@Karl, the differences in methods do not exist.
We are all forced to use one Facebook API

- Don't say feature not working. Instead, explain what you tried and what was the outcome.
- When you think you found the bug, try to replicate it on a fresh Joomla.
- When looking for support always provide temporary Super Administrative access to your site. We will ask for it anyway.
- Help yourself and read documentation which can give you answers to almost all questions you may have
Moderators: Piotr Garasiński