Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Profiles coming through FB without any required fields, wrong profile type

10 years 4 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

I have been noticing a bunch of blank profiles with nothing filled in, and they are ALL from the FB connect entry point. The user is not prompted to fill out any required fields. In looking at the members list, I am seeing "Default Profile" instead of "Member," which is my default profile in the multiple profile settings. There is no profile called "default profile" anymore.

There is no setting in FB connect to define the profile type in the plugin or in JomSocial configuration, nor anywhere else that I can see. Please advise - this is a big issue for my community as it renders the whole "search for a match" useless.

10 years 4 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

I resolved this by purchasing JFBConnect as it does have these settings, but I would still like to know how this is supposed to work without it. Does it just always do that?

10 years 3 months ago
  • Chris
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi Bethany.

Well at this moment this's how JomSocial was designed to work, user is able to pick some profile type during connecting with FB, but it's not neccessary. I agree that, this area of JomSocial still needs a little bit of tweeks.

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński