Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Auto add groups

6 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • Rini
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hi,

For my community I need some private groups because information in it is confidential and only to be shared among site members.
So preferrably I would like te have a groupe-type which is not public, but every site-member should have access to is. As far as I understand, there is no such groupe-type.

So solution for me is to add every new site-member to these private groups in backend (so they don't have to ask permission and are instanly member of these private groups).

I know it is posstibe with multiple profiles, to assign a group to a specific profile. But I cannot make this profile manatory to a user. The user has to choose specificly for this profile and only then the group is asigned.

Since I need to make sure all site-members are also members of these private groups, I need a solution to auto-add a new user to a group, instead of doing it manualy for each new user.
Is there any way (with third party software if needed) to have this functionality?

Regards, Rini

6 years 1 month ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hi

I'm afraid not. The purpose of private groups is to hand pick users for. If all the users should have an access to information published in such group than the reason of keeping it private is rather strange. I think You should just hide the wall from unregistered users, this will be closest to what You wish to achieve.

6 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • Rini
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hi, I have 2 private groups were all site users should be member of. The reason it's private is because guste users should never be able to view it's content.

So, back to my question: solution would be to auto add users to private groups. Do you know of a thurd party solution? Or can this simply be "hacked"?

6 years 1 month ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hi

I'm sorry, but can't think of any method other than manually add users to those groups. You can of course do that from time to time with a database query in database manager. I think that would be the fasted method, but still someone or cron would need to run it.

6 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • Rini
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Could be an option, but I'n not a developer, I cannot write a SQL query to question and set database.
Can you specify what needs to be done in database to add user to a specific group?

6 years 1 month ago
Licenses:

Hi

This is a customization request, so will not be able to help with a query like that. We do not support such things. Sorry. You will need to hire a developer who will do that for You.

6 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • Rini
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hi, I understand.
But a developer needs to know the structure of the database for that.
Can you tell me is it's documented somewhere at JomSocial?
What he needs to know is what has to be changed in which database-table for a user te become a member of a specific group.
I hope you can share that with me?

6 years 1 month ago
Licenses:

Hi

Just one table needs to be populated "_community_groups_members". That's it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Rini
6 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • Rini
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Okay I'll try to find a way

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński