Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

NEXT STABLE JOMSOCIAL RELEASE

6 years 3 weeks ago
    Topic Author
  • Lee
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Licenses:
JomSocial Active Socialize Expired

WHEN IS THE NEXT JOMSOCIAL STABLE RELEASE DUE?
WILL IT BE COMPATIBLE WITH JOOMLA 3.8.3?
WILL YOU RELEASE THE STABLE RELEASE WITHIN A MONTH OR TWO MONTHS?
WILL THE CHAT FEATURE BE MOBILE COMPARABLE? (RESPONSIVE)
WILL THERE BE "REQUEST TO JOIN GROUP" BUTTON ON PRIVATE GROUPS INSTEAD OF HORRIBLE RED BOX SHOW YOU DO NOT HAVE PERMISSION TO SEE THIS GROUP
WILL THERE BE REQUEST FRIEND BUTTON INSTEAD OF YOU DO NOT HAVE PERMISSION TO SEE THIS PROFILE?

KINDLY RESPOND TO ALL QUESTIONS
THANK YOU :-)

6 years 3 weeks ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hi
I will answer the questions one by one here

when is the next jomsocial stable release due? will you release the stable release within a month or two months?
>we released Beta 2 version for 4.5 to test performance improvements and the result is good so far, we are optimizing and fixing the bugs reported in beta 2 for the stable release soon.

will it be compatible with Joomla 3.8.3?
>Yes, Jomsocial 4.5 is working fine on Joomla 3.8.

will the chat feature be mobile comparable? (responsive)
>In the mobile the chat is work, but as the mobile screen has the limitation to show the multiple no. of chat its something that is limitation of small screen, team checked this request earlier as well, if you have specific chat issue in mobile, I suggest you to open a separate thread with all details, so we have a look on it.

will there be "request to join group" button on private groups instead of horrible red box show you do not have permission to see this group
> it's not a bug It depends on the Group privacy when it's closed it will give the notification but you can see the Join group request button on group page to Join it.

will there be request friend button instead of you do not have permission to see this profile?
> The notification message are used to show the information, and it completely depends on the user profile privacy.
Whether he wants to show or not.
If you have any suggestion idea I suggest you to open a new thread for each new request and I will share it with the development team for further discussion, I cannot promise each new request can be added in the new version as it depends on a lot of factors.

Regards

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński