Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Again problems with chat function

6 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • Rini
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hi,

After having some issues with chat here www.jomsocial.com/forum/installation/38936-chat-broken I have again 2 strange issues:

1) When users send a picture to each other in chat, the image is sent ok the way it should. Both sender and receiver have the image. But after some time (don't know yet whats triggers it), on both sides the image is just gone and and thumbnail is shown in it's place. Clicking on thumbnail image does not show the original image.
It's not happening only once, but all the time. Just tried it again: image was shown with both users when just sent. Checked about 2 hours later: image was gone on bothe sides ...

2) When 2 users have and older chat, lets say from 3 days ago, that old date is shown above chat text. When they add new chat post to each other, there is no new date shown, so it looks like the new message is also 3 days old. There should be the new date above the new message.

6 years 1 month ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hi Rini
the issue look like on your site only with the chat. Could you share me site akeeba backup or make copy of site on a subdomain and share the details in Private reply.
We applied mostly fixes in the beta 2 version as your site is live i need to make a test on it with the latest version.

Regards

6 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • Rini
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hi,

I can send you a backup, no probs, but because of size I need to send it with wetransfer, so can you give your e-mail address?
Please make notice my site is running on windows platform, maybe that can also be issue?

My site does not go live with members till this weekend sat March 3, so till that time it's no problem to test on my "live" site if you prefer.

I can also make a full working copy of site since it's running in Azure, should not be a big problem.

Just let me know what's best for you ...

6 years 1 month ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hi
You can make a copy on your server as will and I will test the issue on new test site.
Kindly submit FTP and superuser details of the new site for Mods/Admin.

Regards

6 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • Rini
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hi,

Test site is active, is clone of original live site with chat as you configured it. You can enter. Credentials and addresses in Mods/Admin.
You can also enter console (and DB) with RDP-session.

Do whatever you need to do, no problem if it gets broke, I can redeploy virtual server in about 10 minutes.
To save cost, I reduced cores and memory in Azure test virtual server, so test site can be very slow, sorry.
Also, please let me know when you are ready with testing, then I'll shutdown virtual server to reduce cost.

Regards, Rini

6 years 1 month ago
Licenses:

Hi
I sent some message on your test site to see the image issue. prntscr.com/imxgza
The time is shown when u click on the message on the right side of each message and another time is on the top of the message when the conversation started.
I will update you again when i test it after few hours to see the image in chat.

update:

The image is showing fine today as well with time prntscr.com/inequb

please test and let us know.

Regards

6 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • Rini
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hi Pankaj,

please note you changed code of chat funtion on live site, not on test site. So they behave different.
As you can see, images in test site remain in chat. When you place image in chat on live site, it will for sure dissapear.

Also on live site, after changing chat-code, things you mention don't work anymore. Please see my attachment made from TEST site.
(1) messages started on new day show up with date of that day. This is NOT the case anymore on LIVE site, there everything is displayed as one block.
(2) time is show on left side of mesages, This is NOT the case anymore on LIVE site.

If you want to test on live site, please just send me (Rini) messages (with image).
For me it is no problem if you want to change chat-code on test site so that you can test there.

Attachments:
6 years 1 month ago
Licenses:

Hi Rini,
I requested for test site so i can test this issue on your site. And same you mentioned
>>> Test site is active, is clone of original live site with chat as you configured it
And i assume the test site is a replica of the live site where i can test the changes.
if you are using two different sites, in this case, there is no sense to test on a working site. Kindly make a test site from live site copy so I can test the chat time issue.
It is not issue in the package its only on your site and we can not test/Debug changes on live sites.

Kindly share correct details of the replica of your live site.

Regards

6 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • Rini
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

I did gave you an identical site, I cloned live site to test-site. After that you yourselve changed code on live site for chat function. So of course they differ now for that only aspect (chat).

The changes you made to chat on live did created new ones problems (1) images dissapear (2) dates dissapear (see former message) and (3) timestamp dissapear (see former message).

So what do you want me to do, again clone live site? But if so, please notice that chat in test site have less problems than live site has now. Just let me know, I will do so.

6 years 1 month ago
Licenses:

Hi
The changes applied on live site were first,that time there was no test site.
None of the changes applied on live site after testing on test site.
The issue noticed on live site so i asked for test site details as its specific site issue. If you wish i can copy the file from the test site to live site for you.
If you allow me to change files on live site from test site i can do this for you.

Just for information both sites using same files code.

Regards

6 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • Rini
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

No problem to copy files over. Chat on live site will only improve by that.
I think after that, the issue with empty thumpnail on first message will be back again, probably all other 3 issues mentioned will be resolved.
Rest of server for sure is 100% identical because it was clooned.
Only slower processor.

6 years 1 month ago
Licenses:

Hi
Kindly share FTP details of live site.
FTP Host
Username
Password
Port

For staff and Mods, I will test it with the development team and apply fix on live site .

Regards

6 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • Rini
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

They are in first post of this theat, both live and test site. Only URL/IP address differ, credentials, port etc are same (because is cloned).

6 years 1 month ago
Licenses:

Hi
I applied the fix for thumbnail issue.
Also, we are releasing the stable version soon that has all the bug fixes and improvement.
So you can upgrade the package and all issue will be solved.

Regards

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński