Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Strange error in registration form for a field with mandatory value

6 years 2 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

We have new Joomla installation with Joomla 3.8.5 with PayPlans latest version 3.6.3, Jomsocial 4.5.
We are currently in the setup process.
We have defined various profiles in Jomsocial and custom profile fields

We are just testing the registration process by not filling the fields that are mandatory to see whether we get presented proper message about blank fields or when no value is selected.
This is working fine for all profiles apart from one that is called FIELD_PROFILE and is radio button with two options and is mandatory field.

When we leave it blank there is message on the very top of the reg form:

Error:
The field _QQQ_COM_COMMUNITY_FIELDS_PROFILE_QQQ_ has invalid entries

But I would expect information that this is mandatory field to select one option.

From where is this error coming ?

When I select one option I can continue with the registration process without issues.

Thanks

Attachments:
6 years 2 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hi
Please create an override for this like here :https://documentation.jomsocial.com/wiki/Translate_Elements
Let me know if you still got the same error.

Regards

6 years 2 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hi
Please create an override for this like here :https://documentation.jomsocial.com/wiki/Translate_Elements
Let me know if you still got the same error.

Regards

6 years 2 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Pankaj,
I have strong doubts that the issue is related to missing override for the languages. We did follow the documentation documentation.jomsocial.com/wiki/Translate_Elements
and have created records for the fields and for the field values during the configuration process. So this is all fine.

So I do not understand why there is this error message for all fields with either radio button or checkbox type stating that there is error
that the fields have invalid entries. In the form I can see all the values with proper translations !

The error is for the fact that I have not selected any value at all since those fields are mandatory. If I do not make the fields mandatory then I do not get this error.
But I would expect to get the same user friendly message/notification beside or below the field as I get for all others stating this is mandatory field and requires a selection.

This is not the case for the ones with radio button or checkbox.

Im my case for
COM_COMMUNITY_FIELDS_PROFILE
COM_COMMUNITY_FIELDS_BODY_CONSTITUTION
COM_COMMUNITY_FIELDS_PERSONAL_STATUS
COM_COMMUNITY_FIELDS_EDUCATION

Can you please check again.

Thanks

6 years 2 months ago
Licenses:

Hi
On your site to check the registration process i need to disable the payplan so i can skip this option.
Please provide me details to replicate this on your site.
Also let me know is this error for EN language as well? Jomsocial uses the translation only for EN language.
All other language packs are from translation projects here and not included in the Jomsocial www.jomsocial.com/translations

Regards

6 years 2 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Pankaj,

to clarify:
I have disabled PayPlans completely and did also run the registration process with the EN language...and the results are always the same !!!!
It is for all custom fields with type radio button and check list that are mandatory and when I do not select any values.
See screenshot

You can try yourself: development.seniors-meet-seniors.com/ind...ity-deutsch/register

Attachments:
6 years 2 months ago
Licenses:

Hi
I raised the issue with the development team to apply a fix.
I will update you soon with a fix for this message and we will add the fix in the next update as well.

Regards

6 years 2 months ago
Licenses:

hi Pankaj,
thanks a lot ....appreciated.
Looking forward to hearing from you then so that I can apply hopefully soon a one-of fix for this issue as I would not expect a new Release of Jomsocial to
be available soon.
Regards
Markus

6 years 2 months ago
Licenses:

Hi
Kindly apply the fix below:
extract the zip file and you get 3 files

For bundle.js : copy to components\com_community\assets\release\js
For checkbox.php, radio.php : copy to components\com_community\libraries\fields

Kindly take a backup of the original file before replacing them.
let me know if still, you have this error.

Regards

This message has an attachment file.
Please log in or register to see it.

6 years 2 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Pankaj,
thanks a lot for the fast solution and fix.
Where do I find the zip file with the 3 files ?
There is no attachments in this ticket !!! Or am I blind ?
Thanks
Markus

6 years 2 months ago
Licenses:

HI
Please check it again, I attached again in my last post.
Regards

6 years 1 month ago
Licenses:

Hi Pankaj,
perfect... I have now uploaded the three files to the defined locations and tested the registration process and form another time.
Now all is working as expected and I do get the right message about mandatory fields also for the checkbox and radio box fields.

Thanks a lot for the fast help and fix.
Really wondering that so far no one else reported this obvious issue.

Therefore this ticket can be closed now.

6 years 1 month ago
Licenses:

You are welcome!

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński