Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Option to change profile should be disabled

6 years 1 month ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

We have new Joomla installation with Joomla 3.8.5 with PayPlans latest version 3.6.3, Jomsocial 4.5.
We are currently in the setup process.

We have defined various profiles in Jomsocial and only the free plan for standard community members is getting presented on the top menu and
default registration process.
This is working all fine.
But later when the user is logged in he obviously can navigate to Profile change menu in Jomsocial and he can see his current profile.

Is there an option in the backend that allows for a particular profile to say that he does not get presented the profile change option and the list of all available
multi profiles, because they are all chargeable and will be presented at a different place for business customers.
Or can you tell me in which file I can find the hardcoded link 'change' that presents all profiles, so that I can either remove it completely or customize it with my own
URL to a specific page.

Attachments:
6 years 1 month ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hi
In Multiprofile we have the lock profile options that does not allow the user to change the details.
Open /templates/jomsocial/layouts/profile/edit.php
Find this code for profile type :

<?php if ($showProfileType) { ?>
            <div>
                <?php if ($multiprofile->id != COMMUNITY_DEFAULT_PROFILE) { ?>
                    <?php echo JText::sprintf('COM_COMMUNITY_CURRENT_PROFILE_TYPE', $multiprofile->name); ?>
                <?php } else { ?>
                    <?php echo JText::_('COM_COMMUNITY_CURRENT_DEFAULT_PROFILE_TYPE'); ?>
                <?php } ?>
                <a href="<?php echo CRoute::_('index.php?option=com_community&view=multiprofile&task=changeprofile'); ?>"><?php echo JText::_('COM_COMMUNITY_CHANGE'); ?></a>
            </div>
        <?php } ?>

Regards

6 years 1 month ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hi Pankaj,
thanks a lot.....this is working fine and ticket can be closed.
Regards
Markus

6 years 1 month ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

You are welcome!

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński