Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

No email with password information after registration and account confirmation

6 years 2 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

We have new Joomla installation with Joomla 3.8.5 with Jomsocial 4.5.
We are currently in the setup process.

We have set under system global configuration - users:
Send Password: YES
New User Activation: SELF
Send mails to adminstrators: YES

In JomSocial we have multiple profiles.
The profile to be used for 'registered' has 'Require Approvals' set to NO
In configuration - registration we have enabled 'Repeat Email' and set to YES

Now when a user registered in frontend, the first email is the confirmation about registration with the link to activate the account.
Site administrator is receiving the email notification about new user registration.
So far so good.

But there is no email sent to the user with confirmation username and the password.
I also checked on spam folder....but nothing

6 years 2 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hi

Those type of emails are handled by joomla, not joomsocial. You can enable/disable then in plugins. The plugin is called Joomla! - User and the middle option needs to be checked in order to send it.

If this mail is still not being send despite this settings make sure SMTP is configured correclty in global joomla configuration.

6 years 2 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hi,
thanks for the information.
The options in the Joomla! - User plugin are all checked in / enabled. The SMTP is configured correctly and has been tested. And I have checked the spam folder also....nothing
Now I tested again with no changes on my side and now suddenly all emails (user registration confirmation email / email with link to activate the account / email to inform admin about new user registration and the one with username and password arrived.
So the issue seems to be solved now....but no idea why it is ok now.

6 years 2 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hi

It's possible that it has been kept in the queue by CRON and needed some time to re released. Great to hear it's working. Closing this thread now.

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński