Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Spam protection

6 years 2 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Rini
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hi, in the backend I can set the number if mails per cron (digest function).
I am wondering, does this only apply to the digest e-mail, or also aply to:

1. number of mails/cron sent in massmail om backend? If site has 2000 users, do all 2000 mails get sent at once?
2. number of mails/cron sent on "normal" triggers on frontend, like when a user starts a new discussion in group, and group has 1000 users, do all get 1000 mails sent at once, of by setting specified on number/cron set in digest

Regards, Rini

6 years 2 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hi

It means that not more than the amount of mails set will be send at once. Cron will wait for some time and send the next portion of the mails till all the mails will be send.

6 years 2 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Rini
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Ik understand that, but is this only true for e-mail digist, or does it also apply to case 2 (massmail) and 3 (frontend mail).

because the mail/cron setting are specific made on email digest page ...

6 years 2 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hi

It works for any mail. Basically when a new mails needs to be send they are added to the end of the queue, and will be processed as soon as cron will send all the mails before them.

6 years 2 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Rini
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

That's not completely true.

For example when I set the site to invitation-to-register-on-invitation when a users clicks on the send-invitation button to request an invitation to register on the site, and the admin approves, then the user receives an e-mail with invitation. That mail is put in the mail queue which you can see on the backend.

However, during the registration proces that follows, the user receives 2 additional mails (mail with credentials and mail with activation link) and the admin receives 1 mail (notification of new user). These 3 mails do NOT appear in the mail queue.

I guess on the whole site, there may be situations possible when also mail is sent outside of the queue.

Also, when I do a massmail, those mails do NOT appear in the mail queue. It have 1000 users and all 1000 receive a separate mail, then I realy have a spam issue!
It looks like all mail is sent at once because I get instructed not to navigate away from the current screen during transmission of the mails.

6 years 1 month ago
Licenses:

Hi

I've meant all mails processed by Jomsocial. Newsletter mass mails or joomla registration mail or a mail send to user with username and pass are all handled by joomla or other components, so those mails won't get to Jomsocial's cron mail sender.

6 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • Rini
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

I need a way to contact all site members at once. I understand massmail is not an option (considering it will be marked as spam).
Is there any way to contact all members at onze, by directing the messages trough the queue?

6 years 1 month ago
Licenses:

Hi

I'm afraid Jomsocial doesn't come with such functionality. So in such case Mass Mail is still the best option. It will not go to spam if it's not being used frequently, of course the content of the message is important as well. Here You will find some detailed information about Mass Mail www.joomlart.com/tutorials/joomla-tutori...il-feature-explained

6 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • Rini
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Okay I understand.

The thing is I use Office 365 als SMTP relay, which allows only 30 messages sent per minute: technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/exch...aspx#RecipientLimits

More mails per minute just don't get trough.
I assume mass mail sends separate mails to each address? Or does mass mail send 1 mail with multiple recipients? If the last, office 365 supports up to 400 recipients per mail ... But only 30 mails per minute.

So the option in JomSocial where I can set the max mails per cron (and set cron to 1 minute) would be just the right solution ...

6 years 1 month ago
Licenses:

Hi

Mass mail send multiple mails to one recipient.

I understand that would be best to use Jomsocial, but it was not designed to include Mass Mail in it's cron queue. Please try one of the 3rd party joomla mailing extensions extensions.joomla.org/tags/mailing-distribution-lists/ hopefully one of them will meet Your needs.

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński