Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

How can the Joomla standard fields be automaticaly populated during registration

6 years 2 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

We are in setup phase with Jomsocial 4.5 on Joomla 3.8.5 and have enabled multi profiles and created a number of custom fields
When a guest is registering on frontpage most of the fields we defined are mandatory including contact/address details.
This is all working fine so far.
But when the site administrator is checking a particular user in backend, the mandatory fields on tab 'profile details' are empty
first name, last name, landline number, address1, city and country.
Because of this, the user record cannot be saved but it is obvious the administrator cannot fill the fields as he does not know the information
from the user and in JomSocial itself under users there are just the tabs 'account details' and 'settings' - but no way to see the data
that the user provided during the registration process.

Is there something in the configuration in backend that needs to be changed ?
I would expect that there is a way that Joomla standard fields under 'profile details' will be automatically populated during registration process
with the connected custom fields.

6 years 2 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hi

It's a second problem You have with users informations being saved. I think it's connected. Would recommend a reinstallation of joomla and jomsocial.

Please tell me the name of the user I'll be able to see this problem.

6 years 2 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Piotr,
the issue is with all users.
As per JomSocial documentation ( documentation.jomsocial.com/wiki/Custom_Profile_Fields ) during the initial installation, JomSocial adds the default custom profile fields,

We have the following fields
FIELD_FIRSTNAME
FIELD_LASTNAME
FIELD_LANDPHONE
FIELD_ADDRESS
FIELD_CITY
FIELD_COUNTRY

But they are all empty on the 'profile details' on Joomla members page, while I would expect those to be pre-populated during the registration process since they are default custom profile fields,
See my case recorded:
drive.google.com/open?id=1ag1m1XsyvGA3G8mSf7gXBfVXKlRn80AB

6 years 2 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hi

Thank You for the video. Now I understand what You mean. Unfortunately those are 2 different things. In USER component You see an extra profiles fields which can be set when You are using a default USER component registrations, but the extra profile items from JOMSOCIAL component are available only withing JOMSOCIAL, so for it's registration and used with rest of JOMSOCIAL option. Joomla does not recognise this fields as connected. Also they both can be changed so there is no way to create an automation script to fill in missing fields based on any of forms.

6 years 2 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Piotr,
thanks for the feedback.
Can you please then let me know what process created the profile details tab under User management in Joomla ?
I have myself not created the profiles in user component.
I checked the same on another Joomla installation without any setup but just installation of Jomsocial without configuring anything and no profiles and no fields.
But there is no profile details tab. See screenshots
In this particular case I have filled myself the fields for this user manually as otherwise I cannot save the record as all those fields are mandatory

Attachments:
6 years 1 month ago
Licenses:

Hi

I do not know. It was not added by Jomsocial. From the names of the fields I'm guessing it was created by Solidres (jform_Solidres_fields_customer_firstname).

6 years 1 month ago
Licenses:

Hi Piotr,
thanks a lot for your support.....very much appreciated.
I will check this with the Solidres team and need to find a solution here.
The Jomsocial ticket can obviously be closed.
Regards
Markus

6 years 1 month ago
Licenses:

Hi

Sorry I haven't understood Your question sooner. Would have lead You to Solidres a lot faster ;/ Thread closed.

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński