Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Socialize 2.1.5 won't install from Extensions manager.

6 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • Jonas
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Licenses:
JomSocial Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hi,

I'm trying to install the Socialize 2.1.5 update from Extensions manager backend but it´s not working.

Attachments:
6 years 1 month ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hi

Socialize is a pretty big package, so if server settings does not allow of processing big enough files it may fail. I would recommend to download the package manually and upload it to Your server than to use an installer via http path option, this will pass the size limitations.

6 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • Jonas
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:

Hi,

Thanks for your answer.
Please tell me what server settings we need to get it working and I will fix that on my server.

Regards
Jonas

6 years 1 month ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hi

It's best to follow global requirements for Jomsocial: documentation.jomsocial.com/wiki/JomSoci..._System_Requirements Please pay closer attention to what php.ini settings should looks like.

6 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • Jonas
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:

Hi,

Thanks for your answer.
My server settings are:

Minimum required Recommended Current
max_execution_time: 30 max_execution_time: 300 3000
max_input_time: 30 max_input_time: 300 3000
memory_limit: 128M memory_limit: 1024M 1024M
post_max_size: 10M post_max_size: 4096M 4096M
upload_max_filesize: 10M upload_max_filesize: 4096M 4096M

You never told me the size of Socialize 2.1.5, is it bigger than 4096M?

Or is something else wrong?

Regards
Jonas

6 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • Jonas
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:
Attachments:
6 years 1 month ago
Licenses:

Hi

No it's not bigger than that :) It was just my first guess, since in 90% of cases, that's what happens. It can also be a security restriction or simply the url has changed on our side. Files and folders permissions may affect that as well.

Please install it manually by downloading the package and using it in joomla installer. If that will not work it will mean that the file cannot be stored (due to lack of space on server or wrong permissions or security reasons). A method that always works is to put the package on the server (in /tmp preferably) via FTP and give joomla installer a http path to the file.

6 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • Jonas
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:

Hi,

Can you please check your URL on your site so all other users my get it working as it should?

Regards
Jonas

6 years 1 month ago
Licenses:

Hi

It is working correctly. I've only mentioned a wrong url as a possible issue, but had no problems to upgrade it this way on my copy of the site with this component. As You can see in last post, I've mentioned a number of reasons such update may not be accessible, so I believe one of those may have happened to You (or something I have not thought of). But whatever the reason a workaround to update it manually will work.

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński