Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Did Upgrading Jom-social upgrades related plugins also?

6 years 2 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Elie
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Active Socialize Expired

Hi,

We have Jom-social 4.3.4 Pro installed on www.blabber.buzz . Now, we want to upgrade it to latest version. We do not want any change in look and feel of community section.

All code level changes which we had made are usually in template and jom-social plugins directly.

I would like to know whether upgrade removes all changes which we had made in plugins? Is there any solution to preserve those changes even after upgrade?

Thanks
Nirmal

6 years 2 months ago
Licenses:

HI, Elie.

Thank you for contacting us.
Yes, JS upgrade also upgrades included plugins and modules.
So the only way to keep your customizations will be to use overrides or have copies of customized files.
But before you restore them after upgrade - better compare what changes ware made. Some of them are crucial so you'll need to apply your customization again.

You may use this service to compare files: www.diffchecker.com/

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
6 years 2 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Elie
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

Ok, Shall I expect that our default design will remain same as design level customization are performed in template.

6 years 2 months ago
Licenses:

HI, Elie.

If customizations ware made via overrides - they will stay untouched.
But as I've said - the best practice is to check your overrides with diff as page layouts also could contain changes/fixes.

- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

6 years 2 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Elie
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

Thank you Michal for your response. I will take care of this during upgrade.

We want to have interface a little like facebook where a post is there and comments, sub-comments, comments against sub-comments is possible.

For commenting system, we are using ccomment Pro and it is working as expected. Comments beneath k2 item appear properly in nested order. All k2 comments also appear in jom-social stream also.

Suppose a k2 item has nearly 200 comments in total then 200 entries appear in jom-social stream. We too want that all entries appear but in same nested order as they are appear beneath k2 item. This way all k2 comments appear at a single location in jom-social stream and occupy less space.

Besides this, if someone type comment in jom-social stream against k2 comment then they appear as wall item..We want that they too become part of k2 comments and also appear beneath k2 item just like other comments.

I would like to know whether such option is possible or not? If you give me some small clue, I too can give it a try.

Thanks

6 years 2 months ago
Licenses:

HI, Elie.

You're referring to 3rd party plugi that adds posts on JomSocial stream.
I'm sorry but I can't help you in this case as I simply don't know.
You need to contact with plugin developers and ask what is possible and what is not... or how this could be improved.

6 years 2 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Elie
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

Ok. Sadly I messaged them my requirements 3 days back and I hadn't received any reply as yet. That is why asked you.

Thank you for your prompt reply

6 years 2 months ago
Licenses:

HI, Elie.

I see. Sorry but I don't have answer.
Only extension developer could help you.

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński