Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

What i paid for is nothing like the demo ?

6 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Adam
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hi i paid and im getting nothing like the demo, From what i can work out i need to pay extra for templates etc, there is no quickstart so im lost,

The free template i downloaded is no use, its not what i seen on your site OR anything i would ever use.
You have a socialize template ? when that one as its PURPOSE built !!
I was under the impression we get to pick a template not told what one we can use.

I cant get menus up, the template you let us download is NOT preset for jomsocial, no menu items ?

Themes,templates, addons,?

Where can i install the whole thing as a demo all done, everything included ? A quickstart that is a quickstart :)

Thanks

6 years 3 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Adam,

At the Jomsocial demo page ( demo.jomsocial.com/ ) it states clearly that "This demo is using Socialize Template and Extra Modules". Socialize template has to be purchased separately, we never advertised that the template is part of Jomsocial Pro package.

Full benefits of the Jomsocial Pro package can be viewed at at this page: www.jomsocial.com/index.php/pricing-compare . You can check to see that we provide all advertised files.
35 built-in addons are installed automatically with Jomsocial and there are also premium addons you can install separately.

6 years 2 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Adam
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

OK i tried to just get on with it,

Im getting errors, i can not upload images, I can not deal with this. :)

I simply dont have the time to debug your software as Im learning it.

I searched the forum and i see others had the same problem recently DEC 2017.

I respectfully ask for a refund... This is just not working for me..

Thanks for a speedy reply, i need to free up cash to find an alternative ASAP,

Im not BETA testing your software :) This stuff should be long ironed out.

I will uninstall NOW and prep for a chargeback /BBB if your terms do not cover unsatisfactory service / product.

6 years 2 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Adam,

Kindly help to clarify where you were getting the error exactly and also provide your site credentials so our team can go to your site to investigate further. We need to check if the issue is really like what you mentioned ourselves.

To submit your site credentials, you can edit your original post and enable option Require help from Admin/Mod like this screenshot : bit.ly/2pPm7j1

6 years 2 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Adam
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

You need to check ? I said i cant upload images and i came here to forum to look for a solution.
There was no CODE solution.

I have installed new joomal instances, diverted my DNS (they are propagating) and removed JS from the two sites now, When something does not work i move on time, time is money.

I just did not get what i thought i was getting + what i got did not work out the box, what i got whas not what i tested on your demo.

You cant show someone one thing and sell them an other, then point out some obscure small print somewhere on your site ?

DEMO is a DEMO ?

Please let me know if a refund is on way and if its not please give a reason so i can follow up with CC comp.

6 years 2 months ago
Licenses:

HI. Adam.

Thank you for contacting us.
Demo site clearly explains what it use. If you want your site to be EXACT as the demo - you need to have all extensions used there and configured them properly (basically just set modules to right positions). We do not advertise our product to have quick start - so you can't complain about this.

JomSocial works out of the box - after installation it's ready for use. All you need is just to set a menu item to link to JomSocial frontpage. JomSocial can't alter your main menu. You as site admin should build it on your own as only you know how it should look like.

Demo shows how JomSocial works and looks. As this is a COMPONENT and no component can work without template, we show on demo our own template. In any template JomSocial will look more or less alike. Many depends what template will you use. it should fit any.

As for now you've opened 4 post and in each one you just complain instead provide details of your issue so we could effectively help you. Saying that "Im getting errors, i can not upload images, I can not deal with this" doesn't explain issue well... also you didn't provided any site details... so how could we investigate this?

If you request a refund, you need to read this first: www.jomsocial.com/refund-policy
Refund Policy clearly states in what case we could refund your purchase. As for now conditions are not meet.

That's why, please:

1. Edit your first post.
2. Click switch below main text field: prntscr.com/fk3hdg
3. Provide your site details: backend URL, admin credentials and FTP: prntscr.com/fk3hwz
4. Let us know that you provided credentials by posting in the same thread.

I will check why you can't upload images. And please, if request support, be more specific reporting an issue - provide steps to replicate or printscreens.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
Moderators: Piotr Garasiński