Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Upgrading from JomSocial Standard 4.1.2

6 years 4 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Mike
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Active Socialize Active

Hi
Just want to clarify what I need to do to upgrade to the latest version of Jomsocial Pro from my current installed version JomSocial Standard 4.1.2

Can I just upload and install the latest version over the top of what I currently have installed?

6 years 4 months ago
Licenses:

HI, Mike.

Thank you for contacting us.
The best option will be:

0. Make a safe copy of your whole system (files and database)
1. Browse to Backend -> Extensions -> Extension Manager -> Manage
2. Search all extensions using filter "com"
3. Uninstall all JomSocial related extensions
4. Search all extensions using filter "jom"
5. Uninstall all JomSocial related extensions
6. Search all extensions using filter "js"
7. Uninstall all JomSocial related extensions​
8. 6. Search all extensions using filter "azrul"
9. Uninstall it.
10. Download latest JomSocial package from here: www.jomsocial.com/component/digistore/licenses
11. Unzip it
12. Install com_community package via Joomla! installer
13. Follow installation steps

Than clean browser and Joomla! cache. Run cron job in Backend -> Components -> JomSocial -> Monitor -> Mail queue -> Execute cron (button upper right corner).

Finally enable modules, configure them and assign to positions you want them be displayed.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
6 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Mike
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

Hi. Great response. I have followed the instructions and all went fine however I am having trouble recreating the login toolbar at the top of the screen as it was in the previous installation. I have attached a screenshot of what it looked like in both the previous (which I want again) and current mobile version (after upgrade). The previous version is image IMG_7549.PNG.

To be honest, I am not even sure if I am using the correct login module to achieve this. I have used JS toolbar, but the layout looks completely different here....

Can you shed any light on this? I

Attachments:
6 years 3 months ago
Licenses:

HI, Mike.

That is correct - previously you probably used JomSocial Toolbar for Socialize Template that was deprecated.
If you want it to be nearly exact as previous one, please, read this:

www.jomsocial.com/forum/pre-sales-questi...lly-need-help#183948

- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

6 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Mike
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

thx Michal

I made those changes and I've doubled checked but it hasn't made any diference. I have tried various menu type options but no difference? Any other suggestions?

6 years 3 months ago
Licenses:

HI, Mike.

I've checked your site and it looks fine: prntscr.com/hyv1a6

6 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Mike
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

Hi Michal
Thanks again for the quick response. The toolbar I was trying to emulate was the old one where the user was NOT logged in. {Please see attachments on my post #184042. As you can see it is completely different to what it used to be. Unfortunately I only have screenshots of the old mobile version to show you how they differ.

6 years 3 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Mike.

Signup button is missing as you disabled "Allow user registration" in Backend -> Users -> Manage -> Options (button upper right). Yes, as this is new module it will look different here as well. My styling apply only to desktop view as mobile view requires more changes in module layout (icon change etc.).

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński