Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

errors on registration form

6 years 4 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Robby
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hello,

I get the following errors when trying to create a new account.:

ERROR
The words you typed did not match the ones displayed. Please try again.
WARNING
Empty solution not allowed.

Also, when i access the register page in Chrome, the "next" button does not work.

You can replicate these steps by registering for a new account.

6 years 4 months ago
Licenses:

HI.

Thank you for contacting us.
Please, disable Captcha in Joomla! configuration - System -> Global configuration -> Site.
It seems that your keys for different domain.
Try to generate new set of keys.
Also, you should rather use those keys in JomSocial registration configuration: Backend -> Components -> JomSocial -> Configuration -> Registration.
Instead in Joomla! generally.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
6 years 4 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Robby
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hi Michal,

I'm not familiar with keys on the website. Could you instruct me on how to navigate there?

Also, could you kindly remove my name from this post.

Thank you.

6 years 4 months ago
Licenses:

HI.

I provided you path to both places - just try to reach them and you'll see places for keys.
You'll need to create new set of keys.
This article may help you: 2bcoding.com/how-to-get-google-recaptcha-v2-api-keys/

- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

6 years 4 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Robby
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

Thanks, Michal. I've updated the captcha in JomSocial, and disabled it in the global configuration section of Joomla.

I'm still getting the "The words you typed did not match the ones displayed. Please try again." error and another one that says "message: redirected to community registration." This happens after I fill out the demographic details like gender, location, etc...

6 years 4 months ago
Licenses:

HI.

This issue comes from some 3rd party extension...
Please, upgrade privileges for my account to SU.

6 years 4 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Robby
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

Hi Michal,

I upgraded the privileges to SU. Could you let me know which extensions are causing the issues once you identify them?

Thanks so much.

6 years 4 months ago
Licenses:

HI, Robby.

Thank you.
Issue was caused by K2 extension. I disabled it and now registration works correct.
Please, try.
If you want to use K2, please, contact with their developer and report this issue as I don't know what settings or plugin/module cause this exactly, but 100% it's caused by K2.

6 years 4 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Robby
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

Hi Michal,

The front page is inaccessible with this change. K2 is a free extension, so I doubt changes can be made to it to make it compatible with JomSocial. K2 is essential for my site. Could you find a solution on your end to resolve the errors?

Also, i'm unsure which extensions you changed. Could you kindly reverse the changes?

Thank you.

6 years 4 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Robby
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

I identified some off the extensions that were disabled, so I can now access the front page. I still can't access some of the menu items. I really hope you can find a solution for me so I can use JomSocial.

6 years 3 months ago
Licenses:

HI, Robby.

Issue was already identified - it's K2 extension.
I disabled all K2 related extensions but you may start enable (starting by main component) to identify which K2 extension cause it in particularly.
As issue is caused by 3rd party - I can't provide you a fix... you need to report that to extension developer.

6 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Robby
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

Hi Michal,

When you disabled the K2 extensions, my site became inaccessible. I reviewed the K2 extensions, but could only fixed some of issues caused by your changes. K2 was working fine on my site. The login issues are result of the installation of JomSocial. It is the registration JomSocial form that isn't functioning. When I purchased this extension with the expectation of receiving support, I didn't think that meant disabling my site and paying for a third party to investigate issues related to the extension. I don't think your response is fair or reasonable. I've worked with JoomlArt in the past and have never been refused help like this, or had my site broken. I have a timeline for launching this extension and really need support in getting it running. Please kindly reconsider your response.

6 years 3 months ago
Licenses:

HI, Robby.

But I dind't refused any help... I explained what I did and where issue could be.
Also I didn't break anything on your site. I just disabled K2 and related extension. Simply enable it back - what I did second ago.
If you didn't changed anything is your settings then site is back to state before I disabled K2.
Please, check it.

JomSosial Registration or login works fine - what I proved after disabled K2.

That issue was reported also on other forums and had the same cause:
www.joomlapolis.com/forum/154-advanced-m...-typed-did-not-match

So my response based on investigating your site, testing and also on checking other WWW resources. I'm sorry that you considered my work and response as unfair and unreasonable...

6 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Robby
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

Hi Michal,

I sincerely appreciate you fixing the issue. I was successfully able to register a test account. MANY THANKS! Would you be so kind to telling me how you solved this issue so I can fix it in the future should it arise again? The forum mentioned above refers to extensions altering Joomla core tables. Since you don't have access to the tables, i'm not clear on how this fix was made.

Thanks again.

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński