Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Sidebar issue in a template

6 years 4 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

I use a customized version of Cepon template.

My previous developer created a "Login" sidebar so that we can save some space. When I upgraded Jomsocial from 3.2.1.4 to 4.3.4, the sidebar completelly dissapeared.

Any case that you know where those information are stored?

Thanks.

Attachments:
6 years 4 months ago
Licenses:

HI, Manos.

Thank you for contacting us.
I presume that sidebar login was a module. So the first place where you should take a look is Backend -> Extensions -> Modules.
If module exist it should be listed there.

As you mentioned this was a custom build for your site. I don't know what was utilized for this - was it an override or a module from scratch - but upgrading JomSocial shouldn't have any influence on already installed 3rd party extensions. So it is rather coincided that this module is gone than intended removal.

I recall that in your installation also Kunena plugin for JomSocial was removed so it may be that someone was deliting things and deleted this one also by accident.

Nevertheless I can't help you much with this issue as it apply to 3rd party extension (built by your developer). So I'm sorry but you'll need to investigate on your own why that part is gone.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
6 years 3 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Finally I got a response from my developer

"When JomSocial was upgraded from 3.2.1.4 to 4.3.4 , there was a module called "js hello me" which was upgraded too by the JomSocial developers. This was customized by us because it was showing a bar with user avatar, user points, the 3 icons for notifications, messages and friends requests etc. Now that you have upgraded, new modules are installed and old are deleted"

The module is now not even functioned to be published. We published it and the result is very bery bad. Check the image below.

To summarize: You shoudn't upgrade js hello me module or at least give us an option to keep it. Now I have to pay my developer to work extra to fix the issue.

Attachments:
6 years 3 months ago
Licenses:

HI, Manos.

You complain that module was upgraded... other users will complain that they will have to upgrade EACH JomSocial plugin and module separately... that's 37 elements to upgrade.... further more if you upgrade main component and leave modules outdated... they won't work anyway. Customizations made on outdated files won work either. So please, rethink what you just wrote.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
6 years 2 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

The question is : "What should I do now" ?

The right column in my template was a work made by a web design company which now has no time to fix the issue, as they handle large projects.

Shall I upgrade JS Hello Me again? And how do I do that basically and where is the current version being showed up? I can't find it inside the Module settings.

Shall I use JS Hello me or standard JomSocial Login window? Does JomSocial provide sidebar login info for such templates? Iam really confused here.

6 years 2 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Please redirect me with the official site of the JS Hello Me mod or directly with the developer.

I have Google searched but I didn't find anything. This goes for 2 months now, since I upgraded, and everyone is complaining.

6 years 2 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Someone respond for this!

How can I contact the creator of JS Hello Me?

6 years 2 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hi Manos,
If you have customised the JS Hell me module, you need to customise it again to apply your custom changes when you update the module.
Every component/Extension/Module gets an update for code stability with a new version of Joomla and bug fixes.
At this moment if you would like to get the same customisation on a new version of the module, you need to create an override for the module in the template folder and customise it again.
Here is a blog post helps you to create override: www.joomlart.com/tutorials/joomla-4-tuto...omponents-and-layout

Regards

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński