Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Problem with private messaging

6 years 5 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hello, I am working with Joomla 3.7.5 and Jomsocial 4.4.3.

I have an issue with the private messages I cannot solve.

I can send private messages between two friends. I click on send message button and have the private message popup that opens. I can fill the subject and the content. I click on "send" and the message seems to be sent. (I receive email confirmation - Private message description is empty - with link to the private message, and sended message is appearing in mail queue of JS admin panel, without content too).

The message arrive with a notification to the recipient profile : If I click on "new message" in notification, nothing happens, and accessing directly to the inbox dont show any messages. Clicking on "New messages" here doesn't show anything too.

I tried several way to do private messages work but nothing changes.

6 years 5 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Christian.

Thank you for contacting us.
Sadly you still using outdated versions of both Joomla! (current version is 3.8.2) and JomSocial (current version is 4.5).
Messaging feature was discontinued.
Please, consider to upgrade to supported versions.
This issue may have bug or be your site specific issue, nevertheless no further core patch could be provided for it as it's not present in latest version.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
6 years 4 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hi Mich, I am back with an updated version of Jomsocial 4.5 and Joomla 3.8, but the problem remains. I can't use the messages/chat as it is not loading properly.

6 years 4 months ago
Licenses:

HI, Christian.

Your current template is using JomSocial override in ROOT/templates/your-template/html
Please, remove it as it prevents you to use new feature (override seems to be made of older version - prechat).

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
The following user(s) said Thank You: Christian
Moderators: Piotr Garasiński