Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Purchased Halloween Treat Package, but coupon code not working

6 years 5 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Fikri
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hi,
I purchased the Halloween Treat Package, but coupon code that was sent to me is not working with Jomsocial Pro. Please help

Fikri

6 years 5 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Fikri.

Thank you for contacting us.
Coupons are valid for new purchases... are you trying to use it for renewal?
If yes, then I'm sorry but they won't work.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
6 years 5 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Fikri
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hi Michał,
I was mostly attracted to the Halloween Treat Package by the 100$ offer with Jomsocial and before going ahead with the purchase I read all the fine prints in the offer to make sure it did not exclude the renewal, so there is no mention of that exclusion. I think all exclusions should be mentioned before the purchase and not after the purchase.
Beside, on the 2nd of November, I applied the coupon for a renewal and the interface did accept it, I just did not complete the purchase ( I had to step out of my office), and the next day the same coupon stopped working.
I think I am entitled to apply my coupon towards a renewal of my Jomsocial Pro.
Thanks,
Fikri

6 years 5 months ago
Licenses:

HI, Fikri.

I'm sorry but that was mentioned on our blog as well (sale page is not available anymore): prntscr.com/h78nru
JomSocial renewal price is $99 so how -$100 code suppose to work?
I'm sorry that offer wasn't clear enough - it showed icon of shopping cart.
Renewals are already discounted, and it's included in renewal fee.

- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

6 years 5 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Fikri
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hi Michał,

I do not know if we are talking about the same sale. In any case, even your screenshot states:
$100USD discount code on JomSocial
and it does not mention any restriction whatsoever.

I received the 'Halloween Treat Package' publicity in my email and it stated exactly the following:

HALLOWEEN SALE
BUY 1 GET 1 FREE
Joomlart and Gavick templates
$100 OFF ON JOMSOCIAL

During all my purchase process, there was no mention of any restrictions, it just said $100 on JomSocial, for me it meant that I could renew my JomSocial Pro license 'on JomSocial'. (I have all the screenshots)

I have been a client of JomSocial since 2010 and believe me, just my last year's renewal I paid the discounted price minus another 30% off coupon, so it is baseless when you say 'Renewals are already discounted'.

To make the story short:
1) I based my purchase on the publicity I received in my email.
2) No restrictions were stated
3) Restrictions were only stated to me after the fact (after the sale)
4) That is not a good commercial practice and is guaranteed to make customers unhappy and angry

Also, you seem to agree with me when you say "I'm sorry that offer wasn't clear enough", so you are committed to honor that lack of clarity and not make it at the expense of your customers.

6 years 5 months ago
Licenses:

HI, Fikri.

I just agreed that it wasn't clear enough for you - you're the only customer that complain about this.
You quoted the offer:

BUY 1 GET 1 FREE
Joomlart and Gavick templates
$100 OFF ON JOMSOCIAL

It clearly says BUY not RENEW. If it would apply for renewals it would be mentioned. It's always for new purchases unless it's mentioned otherwise.

Renewals are discounted and that's mentioned on pricing page: prntscr.com/h7nlp9

You may still use this -$100 coupon. After your subscription expires, just purchase new license and use the code. You'll get JS Pro for $49... that's much lower than $99 renewal price.

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński